Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello Dick,

Please let me know as soon as you confirm that the console will fit a 2010 model. Once you do, I'm in for a locking Panamint Model. Please let me know.

Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello Dick,

Please let me know as soon as you confirm that the console will fit a 2010 model. Once you do, I'm in for a locking Panamint Model. Please let me know.

Thanks, Jeff
11/9/09

Hi Jeff- Sorry for the delay in answering. I did confirm that there is no change in the FJ Cruiser console for 2010 so that the Roll-top Cover will work fine.

Regards, Dick Ketchpel
[email protected]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is there a way to secure these with more than hook and loop fasteners? I am interested in the locking version so I can secure my handgun. However, having a locking door secured by velcro won't be secure enough for me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My understanding is that the locked versions of the cover come with screws to attach the cover to the console. I just ordered a locking version last night. Once I receive it, I'll let you know for sure!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is there a way to secure these with more than hook and loop fasteners? I am interested in the locking version so I can secure my handgun. However, having a locking door secured by velcro won't be secure enough for me.
The locking version includes (6) self taping screws similar to screws used by Toyota to fasten a molded insert into the console. (4) of these screws go into pre-drilled holes in the sidewalls of the insert and fasten to the inside walls of the console well. The screw heads are located inside the locked cover. The other two self-tapping screws attach the "tail piece" of the cover to the console at the bottom corners of the tail piece. The tail piece is the section on the back of the cover that contains the sliding door in an open condition.

I should mention as I have said in the past, the security level is similar to a locked glove compartment door. Practically any locking system can be defeated by a knowledgeable thief - it's mainly how long it delays him in getting into the compartment!

I hope my description is clear. Let me know if you need more info or have further comments - Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Received the console cover yesterday. I purchased the "Urban" model with the optional tray.

It matched up with the existing interior very closely. It isn't identical, but it is very close. Functional and quite well made.

Installation was a breeze!

Recommended to those who may be considering it.

·
Premium Member
11,027 Posts
G'day Dick,
My Panamint sliding cover arrived today, and looks fantastic !!!!
Thankyou for the great service and the great product !!
Fitted it in seconds, and it fits like a glove.....
Thanks heaps,
Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looking to get clarification on the locking model of the Panamint Model cover.

On the webpage at:
Industrial Forming - Design Services

I see the following description:

All three Covers use a black hardcoat aluminum handle. In the case of the locking option, the bar aluminum handle is replaced with a 0.7" diameter ring 0.25" high that acts as a handle and also houses the multi-tumbler lock in the center of the ring. The ring and the lock are black for the Urban and the Panamint models. The locking version has an optional aluminum strap that bolts under the two existing bolt heads in the bottom of the console well so that it is not necessary to drill into the existing console using this option.
So does the locking model of the Panamint have an aluminum strap that attaches to the two mounting screws at the bottom of the console well, or does it use 6 self tapping screws to screw into the sides of the console? If the strap is an option (at an added price), I dont see how to add that option (or is it part of the locking option)?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts