Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I had been wanting to own the FJ since they first came out, almost pulled the plug in early 2009, when I joined this forum but since I also needed a work truck, ended up buying a Tundra instead. Long story short, fast forward to 2014, when I heard that FJ was going to be discontinued just had to make it happen. I wanted the trail teams Ultimate edition because loved the heritage blue since seeing it in person at an auto show and heard good things about its suspension, wanted full time all wheel drive with 6 speed manual, since this is mostly play vehicle that will be used to travel the many off beaten trails and mostly expedition style travel. Found one for a good price in wissconsin drove it home 2800 miles travelling thru yellowstone national park thinking of all the mods that I was going to do.
Driving on a long trip like that made some things apparent that would need attention. FJ only had one power outlet versus 4 in my Tundra, Also was having to gas up every 200 or so miles, as gas tank range left a lot to desired. The all Terrain Kos' are good tires but a little bit wider tire would make the ride and handling more compliant. The single horn sounded too lame IMO.
I decided to jump into doing some mods to improve upon the above shortcomings along with adding oem accessories,I wanted to do it once and do it right. Upon spending 100s of never ending hours on this forum and other links decided to do the mods in 3 stages listed below.
Also It became obvious that I needed a name if I was to post my build here. During my drive back from Wisconsin, we had affectionately called FJ (Fau...Ji) several times as it was like a soldier that would keep going despite whatever lay ahead and sounded like an extension of word FJ. Like our drive where we drove thru crazy downpour with zero visibility at times thru North Dakota and heavy hail on the way to yellow stone thru the east side entrance on and thru the mountain pases.

This is From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Fauji" means soldier in Urdu and Hindi languages.

Introducing "FAUJI"
2014 TTUE 6 spd manual
TRD exhaust
oem hitch
rear bumper sensors
switched DRL
pass side armrest
trail teams door sill tread plates
all weather mats and trunk tray.

here are the mods as they have/ are being added not in this particular order.

1) Mild stage ( mostly plug and play stuff liking adding oem accessories and some bling to personalize the FJ).
Trail Teams Black Grille, TRD short throw shifter, TRD air intake, OEM Alarm, FJ color matched body side mouldings, Scan gauge using rearview mirror delmount and hardwired, Garmin dash mount and hard wire, AVS window deflectors, Block heater, Oem Air Dam with switch and harness using Hella black magic lights, OEM Aux Bumper lights harness, switch and mounting brackets, using Hella 1000 black magic lights with stone protection covers. No drill front license plate holder.
Hella supertone dual horns, Tap&turn turn signal flasher, Aux toyota power sockets X2 plus usb sockets, Custom front and rear differential breather relocate using ARB filter with 5/16 fuel hose lines with toyota clamps, Black plastidipped Decals along with HINO and FAUJI decals.

2) Middle stage ( dual battery setup,winch wiring front and rear aux fuel tank, side and rear lighting, Bigger tires etc)

ZZ Engineering (stainless steel dual battery tray, windshield washer bottle/ air pump relocate, Main battery tray with isolator mount, custom cables designed with Izalusky ( ZZ engineering) and made by custom cables ), Blue sea ML 7622 ACR isolator, Blue sea 6000 winch power switch, two Dual purpose BCI group size 24 Exide AGM batteries by Rural king.

3) wild stage ( armour, front and rear bumpers, rooftop tent etc)(will do this after some miles are put on the rig enjoying the stock suspension untill then)

TBA.
I would like to thank this forum along with its many members that inspired me and have given me a lot of good ideas. I would especially like to thank Bazross for sharing his knowledge and providing prompt answers to any questions that I would ask of him at anytime day or night. I would also like to thank Izalusky for providing great products and helping me on numerous occasions by assisting with my Dual battery setup ensuring top most quality of the mods.
Thank you, This would not be happening without you all that blazed this trail before me.

First pictures of FAUJI in stock form and meeting with its ancestor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
next some oem accesories added along with some power outlets, hella horns etc, all plug and play.
Toyota Aux oem lights harness with hella 1000
roof top rack lights, oem alarm,
scan gauge
body side moulding
TRD air intake
Izalusky dual battery tray and winshield bottle mod.

gps hardwire and mount

as you can see all blank switches are full

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Izalusky dual battery setup,
Diff breather re locate using ARB Breather,
underhood light

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
285/75-16 BF Goodrich KO2's.
Rear bumper scuff protection
plastidip decals

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
matching seat support plus some more pictures, Hella 1000 with yellow star all weather bulbs, future winch switch

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
here are some pictures of some foglights I am wanting to install. I had these lights sitting around for over ten years, when I got the FJ saw the swiss army trim ring install kit that used these lights on the oem bumper.
Baz was kind enough to send me the hardware and mounting brackets for oem bumper, I had fog light harness with toyota blank fitting switch sitting around from another project. just waiting to find some trim rings!!

What were the chances that the lights with blue trim rings are going to go on a blue truck.
I just waiting for some trim rings to pop up so I can finish this up. If any:rocker:eek:ne has any trim rings that I can use that they can part with please let me know.
cheers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,408 Posts
Nice looking FJ! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
these came in today. will install them and update.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts