Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

181 - 200 of 522 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Thats awesome Sol. I knew you would love the link system in the rear with coilovers. When I did mine it was night and day.

I'll never build another with leafs in the rear unless it's built to just haul stuff. They just flat out out perform leafs any day. The stability is unmatched and the ride is a 1000 times better.

So glad you got to experience it. So happy fo you man. :blueblob:
I totally agree with you. Even though I only drove it a short distance and it was on the road the rear links far out performed the leafs. I'm just guessing but in the rocks it's going to be completely different. The stability was just unbelievable. The ride quality was just as amazing. Plush, planted and tracked straight as an arrow. I can see why you'd only build a linked rig. :)

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Wow, so clean. Great welds. Truly an epic build Sol. If you ever ned a trail wingman...

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
When will your FJ go home?
Artwork can't be rushed... :D

I'm guessing it will come home at the end of July. The belly pan is being worked on right now. Then a gas tank skid and a few other things are left to complete, then some paint and it's done.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Artwork can't be rushed... :D

I'm guessing it will come home at the end of July. The belly pan is being worked on right now. Then a gas tank skid and a few other things are left to complete, then some paint and it's done.
Hey Sol, you should come down to Socal for the TTORA August run. RST is going to have quite a few rigs out this year. Rays newly done dual three link Tacoma, Dans 1st gen Tacoma, Daves dual three link 4th gen 4Runner and my beast. Would love to complete the family with the most awesome FJ out there for this run.

Hell, we may even get Jason off of his cozy couch and actually wheel a Toyota again instead of those rentals in Texas. LOL

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Hey Sol, you should come down to Socal for the TTORA August run. RST is going to have quite a few rigs out this year. Rays newly done dual three link Tacoma, Dans 1st gen Tacoma, Daves dual three link 4th gen 4Runner and my beast. Would love to complete the family with the most awesome FJ out there for this run.

Hell, we may even get Jason off of his cozy couch and actually wheel a Toyota again instead of those rentals in Texas. LOL
I'll think about it, but man that is such a long drive for a weekend trip... assuming it's at Big Bear again? Which weekend?

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
More progress on the paint and getting things back underneath the FJC for good!

Rear cross member and top link mount...

Panhard...

The backside of the frame notch...

Shock tower, air bump cans...

Swaybar and panhard bracket...

Rear end reassembled...

Then moved on to tearing down the front in order to paint everything...

More later...

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Is there no need to truss the RS housing?

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
This is all well and good but did the fabricator maintain the factory drivers side lean?? :lol::lol:

Looks great. The rig looks like its ready for the Hammers

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Pulled the cross member and stamped it, so I know which way it goes back in should it need to come out in the future. Just the little details... :)

"Pass" = passenger side

"DR" = drive side

Then tore down the from and painted the cross members and the front axle...

Then stuffed everything back into place for good...

All new F911 hardware...

... and she's now back together...

Then started working on the belly pan... with this interesting little piece being the beginning of one of the cross members for the belly pan.

more later...

·
Registered
111 Posts
My wife will never get pregnant with all the man juice I've wasted reading through this thread...

I've never had an interest in this type of extreme for the FJ, but seeing this come together is pure art.

Greg

181 - 200 of 522 Posts