Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

361 - 380 of 522 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
銀チタン;5122778 said:
Question.

What was the deciding factor on Branik's or Al over chromo?
Time, cost and weight. The time is would take to fabricate 8 links is just about the same cost as ordering AL links. The AL links are unbelievably light and I need to put this pig on a diet. FC has been using the AL links for a couple of years on his builds and has had really good luck with them.

·
Registered
955 Posts
What part of california are you located in?! This is one of the most impressive builds ive ever seen...

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
Picked up some billet shock reservoir clamps from the guys over at Chassis Unlimited. Installed them today and put the roll bar padding back on the rear down tubes of the cage.

Say bye bye to the Fox hose clamps and rubber mounts...

Say hello to some sexy billet clamps...

Got the noodle padding reinstalled too...

There was enough slack in the lines that I was able to push the reservoirs outboard a fair amount. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the reservoirs are actually hitting the factory plastic at the top.

·
Premium Member
12,205 Posts
Can you hear the resi's in the cab when you are working them hard?

I prefer the hose clamps.....less weight.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
Can you hear the resi's in the cab when you are working them hard? I prefer the hose clamps.....less weight.
Yes you can hear the reservoirs on the fast choppy stuff, but slow speed crawling you can't hear a thing. In order to hear them you have to be specifically listening for the dampening sound... not that easy to hear.

I made up for the extra weight of the billet clamps with the lightweight fiberglass hood... oh but wait... you didn't like that either. :nerd

·
Premium Member
4,234 Posts
Rig looks great and functions as designed.

Are you at the limits for tire size or can you go bigger?

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
It's neat to see those front bump-stops in action along with everything else. The suspension seems to function flawlessly; all components operating in concert as designed. Very cool. I can't say enough about the direction chosen and the sheer quality in engineering and design.
I am in awe; also one that is generally not easily impressed. :cheers:

361 - 380 of 522 Posts