Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
I have searched exhastively on this forum and on the internet in general and cannot find how to connect the halo as dlr. the headlights themselves are straight forward installation wise, but I can't find ANYTHING to show me how to wire the halo lights to the dlr. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I didn't get any instructions with the lights.
Thanks in advance.
'karma

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Howdy,
I have searched exhastively on this forum and on the internet in general and cannot find how to connect the halo as dlr. the headlights themselves are straight forward installation wise, but I can't find ANYTHING to show me how to wire the halo lights to the dlr. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I didn't get any instructions with the lights.
Thanks in advance.
'karma
i can't help you with the DRL's, but I tapped mine into my parking lights, red to green and black to white w/ black stripe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you tornado,
That seems to be the consensus hereabouts. OK, I'll do that. Now I need help getting the damn things in. Grille comes off, then what, turn signals? If so, do you know a step by step 'tear it apart and put it back together' link or guide?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Thank you tornado,
That seems to be the consensus hereabouts. OK, I'll do that. Now I need help getting the damn things in. Grille comes off, then what, turn signals? If so, do you know a step by step 'tear it apart and put it back together' link or guide?
There are three phillips head screws that connect the headlights to the body. Two are visible when you have the hood open and the grille off, one on top and one i believe to the left, but the third is under the little body piece under the headlight. That is removable, it just pops off. I took my bumper off as I found it much easier to access everything for the install. The stock bumper is easy as crap to take off, but it can be done without removing the bumper.

From there, the headlight and the turn signal will just pop out, after you give it a good tug or two as there are body clips that hold those in place. Just pull both the headlight and the turn signal out towards you.

Once you have it off, flip the headlight/turn signal over and you will see 3 screws with what I believe are 8mm hex nuts. Remove the hex nuts, and then voila, your headlights have been removed and you are ready to put in your projectors!

Obviously the projectors will install exactly the same way as you original headlights, just make sure all of the body clips line up and your screw holes line up as well. It seems overwhelming at first, but if you just take it step by step, it'll go easily. It took me 2 hours max from start to completely finished.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet! Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to getting these on. I did a K&N cold air intake Friday night and these headlights are my last project for a while.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Sweet! Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to getting these on. I did a K&N cold air intake Friday night and these headlights are my last project for a while.
Projects are always fun, just go step by step and don't freak out, haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I got the headlights on yesterday, while I was at it I blacked out the grille fascia, it turned out awesome. I have to aim them up a little, but I figured out how from the helpful information offered on this forum. Next thing (maybe in a year or so) will be a cat back exhaust. Probably going to fiddle with some vinyl graphics like I used to do on my sport bike. Thanks again, tornadolax.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it true that you will lose your high beams with the halo/projector light mod? Also what is the best halo projector kit on the market? Thanks in advance!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts