Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I just joined. After going off-roading with my brother's family during a recent camping trip, I think I'm hooked on riding trails. Granted we were off-roading in my brother's Wrangler Sport (not sure if Jeep is a four letter word around here :lol:) but hopefully the love of off-roading transcends differences among the different manufactures' brands.

I really liked the Wrangler but I need vehicle that will carry a family of 5 as well as tow my popup camper (3,100 lbs). The Wrangler Unlimited looks really nice and I love the idea of the removing the roof and doors. However it has a max tongue weight is 350 lbs. which is still a little on the low end plus the Wrangle Unlimited can only tow up to 3,500 versus the FJ's 5,000 lbs.

Now if I can convince my wife to let me get an FJ!
-Mike

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome... Good luck on getting the rig that is right for you.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Welcome, if you haven't gone for a test drive I think you'll make up your mind pretty quick :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mike, BUY THE FJ! I grew up on Jeeps but a few years back they just became a joke, hence the model designation JK. I was looking at a Wrangler because I liked the convertible aspect but as soon as I drove the FJ I was hooked.

Ironically a few weeks ago I had a Sahara Unlimited as a rental and I couldn't get out of it fast enough. What a disappointing vehicle.

Via iPhone from my FJ

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Pull the trigger! You won't regret it!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I lurked around here for over 2 years before I was in the financial situation to buy my own FJ.
I picked up a 2011 Iceberg 6MT about 10 days ago and it truly is amazing.
I love the manual transmission on this truck. It really is a completely different ride than the auto. Gives it a little something extra.
You do take a couple mpg hit but it hasn't been very noticeable to me yet.
Just my opinion.

Good luck on the search for your new ride.
Hopefully you find something soon.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,932 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
28 Posts
the family of 5 will be a little bit of a squeeze if it is gonna be your daily people mover but if not get the fj you will not regret it one bit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts