Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the protectant film installed by the dealership last year. Last night my wife noticed the film is getting yellowish, so I went to the dealership this morning to see if they know of anything like this happening with the film. Dealership mentioned they had problems with the previous films they were using and recently changed brands. They are willing to change the entire kit at no cost. However, my concern is about the paint of the car and if by removing the old film the pain gets compromised at any level.

I have the white (Iceberg) color and the dealership mentioned they had some issues with pearl white from other Toyotas, but they do not see any issues with mine, as the paint is not as metallic as the pearl white. They also mentioned if the paint comes off, they will re-paint everything and that worries me a lot. So, I’m debating changing the film or not.

What are your suggestions or experience removing these types of film protectants?

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You should not have any issues with removal of the film protection, it's designed to be removed without damaging the paint.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
X2 on removal.

Make sure the new stuff is 3M brand,it will not yellow.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Peel and Pull, it wont tear, its tough as heck:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts