Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted my backup camera to be protected from the elements and me backing into things. I also like the stealth look. Thought this might give people some other ideas. Can you find it?

Other angles...

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Very stealthy! IS it working well there so far?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh ya, dirt affects it for sure, but a quick wipe keeps it clean. I think it might be even worse below the bumper. I only use it to make sure I don't run over any little 'uns and also to see how close I am coming when parking or backing up. It's really nice for that. Any backup cam is going to be better if directly in the middle of your bumper for a better perspective and I thought this one being off to the side was going to make it less useful, but so far it hasn't, so thumbs up!

·
Registered
450 Posts
What camera are you running?

·
Premium Member
6,533 Posts
Oh ya, dirt affects it for sure, but a quick wipe keeps it clean. I think it might be even worse below the bumper. I only use it to make sure I don't run over any little 'uns and also to see how close I am coming when parking or backing up. It's really nice for that. Any backup cam is going to be better if directly in the middle of your bumper for a better perspective and I thought this one being off to the side was going to make it less useful, but so far it hasn't, so thumbs up!
Can you see the hitch from that location?

DEWFPO

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmm, you can't see the hitch, but you could sure see a trailer. I guess you could point the camera more towards the hitch?

·
Registered
14 Posts
kindredx24

It wasn't to bad. Just nervous when drilling because there was exactly enough space on the backside of the bumper because of the frame that I didn't want to cut and the top of the bumper, but there is a layer of foam in between thats a little over an inch. Then I loosened up the plastic over the bumper to attatch the camera, which just kindof pinches the plastic. Need more info just let me know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
kindredx24

It wasn't to bad. Just nervous when drilling because there was exactly enough space on the backside of the bumper because of the frame that I didn't want to cut and the top of the bumper, but there is a layer of foam in between thats a little over an inch. Then I loosened up the plastic over the bumper to attatch the camera, which just kindof pinches the plastic. Need more info just let me know.
Awesome...I purchased a camera on ebay as well which I think might be the same one as you purchased. I'm going to try it out. Would you recommend loosening up the plastic then drilling? Also, where did you run the wire to? I will post up pictures when I get it completed. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts