Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all-

Well, after many YEARS of surfing this forum, the stars have managed to align and i'm proud to say I got my FJ....FINALLY!!!!

4wd iceberg white 2010 FJ with all the options except the tow hitch (I smell my first mod just around the corner...), 15k miles, dealers car with a lot of the factory plastic protective film still on it, brand new floor mats, not a speck of dirt.

Thought about getting a new one, but my truck was a toyota certified pre-owned, so it has a drivetrain/powertrain extended warranty to 7 yrs/100k....In addition, I bought it from Avondale Toyota in Phoenix and there easy one price policy made buying the thing a breeze, not to mention a good deal. I left the lot last week with a huge smile on my face and my wife still doubting whether we truly "needed" this thing or not.

Needless to say, the first thing I did was head out for a weekend of 4-wheeling and some whitewhater kayaking (for good measure) on the upper salt river in Arizona. We drove 30 miles to run our kayak shuttle, with the new truck the chase car. A few creek crossings and some pretty steep grades later the FJ was beggin for more having barely flinched, while my buddies in the other truck said they could barely keep up with me.....and I thought I was going easy on her since it was the first trip. This thing is a beast!

Needless to say, I was an instant addict!

Couldn't be happier with the new wheels....pics to follow.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new rig! Sounds like you are breaking it in right :rocker:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I use Photobucket and insert the url from the album to get larger pictures. There is a way to do it in the forum but idk how.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Welcome! Great choice!!

:cheers:

·
Admin
8,474 Posts
Welcome to the madness!

:cheers:

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Congrats on the new rig.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new ride!

Let the mods begin!

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
16,935 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to the awesome how-to remove your rear bumper thread, mod #2 complete. Hitch receiver installed. Dealer wanted 394$ to install...I literally laughed in his face. Got the hitch receiver for 190$ out the door and installed 2 hours later....wiring kit to follow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts