Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! Excited to be a new part of the forum!

I browsed this forum for about 3 hours or so last night. Today, I drove into my local Toyota dealer in an 08 xB and drove out in a 08 FJ! Needless to say, this forum helped me, big-time, in making this decision.

I'll list some facts that I know about the FJ I purchased, and then I'll give the longer story below. So, if it interests you, you can continue reading.

I'm totally new to the FJ Cruiser world, so don't haze me too badly if I get some of the lingo wrong :)

• Year: 2008
  • Color: Black Diamond (I really like this color!)
  • Upgrades: CQ (Which I understand is the Convenience Package)/UP (Which I understand is the Upgrade Package 1)
  • Others: (Not sure if these are a part of these upgrade packages or not: Roof Rack/Running Boards/Carpet Floor Mats/Carpet Cargo Mat/Center Arm Rest (maybe they are standard?)/Cargo Net type thing attached to the rear door
I think the rest of the upgrades are a part of the upgrade packages, although some of the ones I listed may be as well. Not sure if I am missing any information, feel free to shoot me a question if you're curious about something I forgot.

Someone, somewhere on the forum said "Just go drive one." So that's what I did. I loaded up my wife and 3 year old daughter and went for a test drive. (I actually had my eye on a yellow one I saw earlier in the week, but it was sold. That was actually good, because the one I ended up purchasing had way more upgrades and was actually in better shape.) One drive and I was hooked. The salesman was great. We actually picked up my 7 year old son early from school and all drove back to the dealership together. My son couldn't stop talking about how much he loved the Cruiser. We hammered out a great deal and a few hours later we drove away in one of the coolest rides ever. (A few years ago while we were getting an oil change, my son sat in an FJ Cruiser at the dealership and I took his pic. We really never thought that a few years later we'd have one of our own!)

I loved our xB. Loved it, and I would recommend it to anyone. We just felt like we needed some more versatility and space. We are so stoked about this FJ!! I keep looking at it sitting in the driveway thinking, "Is that really ours?!?

Hey, thanks for your contribution to the site and for giving me lots of insight and useful information. We couldn't be more happy with our purchase, and you helped make it happen.

PS...3 windshield wipers!?!? That's way too cool!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome aboard. This forum has some great folks who have done every mod and can answer any question you have.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome, what part of PA?

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
17,119 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am also a proud new owner of a 2011 FJ Cruiser - Black from Western PA in the Laurel Highlands. I recently blacked out the grille and door handles, tinted windows (matching factory dark on pass/driver side), and a set of KMC Slide rims on order.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
welcome to the madness. Let the modifications begin.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Welcome and congrats!......:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Welcome!!! From a PA Nativ living good in the South.....Raleigh/Wake Forest NC!!!

Congrats!!!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Welcome!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts