Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow fj owners, my name is steve and i live in vancouver bc canada and i just bought a 07 cruiser. It is a silver b pkg with 37,000 km on it and i'm ready for some advice from anyone if there are things i need to do or to upgrade. I'm going to keep it stock however a cold air intake intrests me as well as an electronic rust inhibitor. are there other thing that can be done in order to keep it strong for a long time. I'm a flyfisherman and plan on upgrading my 13ft trillium trailer to a 16-17ft size. any of you guys tow/what size trailer is comfortable. any response and advice would be greatly appreciated thank you:clap:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
:wave: Welcome

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Hi Steve.
Congrats on your new ride and Welcome to the forums!
Check out NWFJCC and the NW and Canada sections of the forum for info on our local/regional events.
Ive had my Iceberg 6MT for about a month now. Had my first chance to tow my boat the other day. I have a 20ft Bayliner ski boat, weighs a bit over 3k lbs. I have to say that it tows as well behind the FJ as it does behind my Honda Ridgeline. I'm sure it would handle pretty much any camper trailer in that size range you are thinking of. I'm sure someone with a camper could chime in.
As for upgrades, the stock FJ runs awesome how it is. A CAI is a good upgrade, people always seem to be happy with it. I haven't seen many people on here run electronic rust inhibitors.
There are endless threads on upgrades and mods on this forum. Almost more information than you know what to do with.
Take a look through them and see if anything strikes your fancy.
If you cant find the information that you need, just ask. People here are very helpful.
Good luck with the mods and enjoy the FJ.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Congratulations on the new purchase, neighbour. So far I've towed 3,000 pounds without any problem. Acceleration is good and braking still quite strong. Check out Canada section of the forums for local stuff.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Welcome to the forums Steve, and congrats

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Congrats on the rig and welcome to the gang.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'm heading on a trip in june so i'll be busy getting a tow hitch done in the next couple of weeks. When i get back i'll post a pic or 2 of my rig. My fj has been sitting at the dealer for 2 days and i'm picking it up tommorrow evening (can't get a ride out there till then ) cant wait

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new fj!

·
Admin
8,476 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

Always good to see more Canadians getting FJ's!

·
Premium Member
16,935 Posts
Welcome aboard!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts