Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you, The Sun Fusion is just the base model with a few extras! Blue has sun roof, small lift, bigger tires. However on the road the yellow does ride much nicer! I am hoping to fix the ride on the blue one. Previous owner put rough country shocks on it and it. I have since purchased the Bilstein 5100 shocks and saving for the matching struts, replacing most of the front end suspension to make it ride a bit smoother. The blue one has about 50000 more miles on it but I love it. We have taken the yellow one climbing what a sweet ride I tell you! Also working on replacing all chrome looking parts to Black it out. Then the wrap when it gets a little warming. Still working on the design, I want it to be original!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,659 Posts
Thank you, The Sun Fusion is just the base model with a few extras! Blue has sun roof, small lift, bigger tires. However on the road the yellow does ride much nicer! I am hoping to fix the ride on the blue one. Previous owner put rough country shocks on it and it. I have since purchased the Bilstein 5100 shocks and saving for the matching struts, replacing most of the front end suspension to make it ride a bit smoother. The blue one has about 50000 more miles on it but I love it. We have taken the yellow one climbing what a sweet ride I tell you! Also working on replacing all chrome looking parts to Black it out. Then the wrap when it gets a little warming. Still working on the design, I want it to be original!
The stock ride is extremely sweet, and unfortunately is one of the compromises we make whe modifying suspension for offroad as it needs to be stiffer. But some of the higher end suspensions are adjustable for ride, allowing you to recapture that Rolls Roycieness lol But what you have is perhaps the best of all - one VB offroad beast and one yellow Rolls :grin If I had a garage that's exactly what I'd do!

Oh, FYI - when you reply to someone's post it helps to press the "Quote" button below...it links your reply, and notifies them at the same time :smile

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The stock ride is extremely sweet, and unfortunately is one of the compromises we make whe modifying suspension for offroad as it needs to be stiffer. But some of the higher end suspensions are adjustable for ride, allowing you to recapture that Rolls Roycieness lol But what you have is perhaps the best of all - one VB offroad beast and one yellow Rolls :grin If I had a garage that's exactly what I'd do!

Oh, FYI - when you reply to someone's post it helps to press the "Quote" button below...it links your reply, and notifies them at the same time :smile
Thank you, I was beginning for feel like an idiot! LOL! Hopefully I did this right this time!:laugh I do like the fact of having one stock and one beast, Nobody wants two of the same! Our neighbors thought we were crazy till I started making changes to mine. They could not understand the reason behind having two of the same vehicles. (They will really never understand the FJ concept). I love this thing and probably will never purchase another vehicle ever! I am glad that they sell replacement frames this way it is possible to keep for ever! Minnesota rust is a killer!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,659 Posts
Thank you, I was beginning for feel like an idiot! LOL! Hopefully I did this right this time!:laugh I do like the fact of having one stock and one beast, Nobody wants two of the same! Our neighbors thought we were crazy till I started making changes to mine. They could not understand the reason behind having two of the same vehicles. (They will really never understand the FJ concept). I love this thing and probably will never purchase another vehicle ever! I am glad that they sell replacement frames this way it is possible to keep for ever! Minnesota rust is a killer!
Yay ya got it! :rocker: Trust me - we understand, so don't worry about your neighbors...you're in good company here!
Lots of forever owners, and many who wish they could own two FJCs :rocker:

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,293 Posts
A Trailworx tubed winch bumper would look amazing on your sexy rig! Congrats and welcome to the disfunctional FJ cruiser family!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yay ya got it! :rocker: Trust me - we understand, so don't worry about your neighbors...you're in good company here!
Lots of forever owners, and many who wish they could own two FJCs :rocker:
Is there a way to change my user name? I thought we had to use our email address! This name is no fun!! Hope I do not have create a new account!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,659 Posts
Is there a way to change my user name? I thought we had to use our email address! This name is no fun!! Hope I do not have create a new account!
Yes there is! Look above in the black heading bar for FORUMS - click on it, then on Forums in the drop down menu, then under the blue heading bar for General Discussion you'll see an actual thread titled Name Change...post your request and an administrator will get back to you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
A Trailworx tubed winch bumper would look amazing on your sexy rig! Congrats and welcome to the disfunctional FJ cruiser family!
Thank you, I am actually going to save up for the winch bumper, just have to decide which will look best, I say the more heavy duty the better, my neighbors keep backing up and hitting me, I want something to leave a mark on their vehicle instead of pushing into my bumper... HAHA

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yes there is! Look above in the black heading bar for FORUMS - click on it, then on Forums in the drop down menu, then under the blue heading bar for General Discussion you'll see an actual thread titled Name Change...post your request and an administrator will get back to you!
Thank you! This place is awesome!

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,293 Posts
Thank you, I am actually going to save up for the winch bumper, just have to decide which will look best, I say the more heavy duty the better, my neighbors keep backing up and hitting me, I want something to leave a mark on their vehicle instead of pushing into my bumper... HAHA
Dave of Trailworx makes more then just tubed winch bumper, he does plated and hybrid aswell as rear bumpers and other complementary components

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,659 Posts
Dave of Trailworx makes more then just tubed winch bumper, he does plated and hybrid aswell as rear bumpers and other complementary components
That bumper on top is awesome....Id not seen it before - is that a plated or hybrid model? And is it true he works with you on design modifications? Hmmmm.....will hafta check out his rear bumpers :wink

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,293 Posts
That bumper on top is awesome....Id not seen it before - is that a plated or hybrid model? And is it true he works with you on design modifications? Hmmmm.....will hafta check out his rear bumpers :wink

I don't know where you got that thought from. I'm just a Trailworx Enthusiast! >:D no one would want my bumper designs.. the top bumper is the hybrid.

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I don't know where you got that thought from. I'm just a Trailworx Enthusiast! >:D no one would want my bumper designs.. the top bumper is the hybrid.
I will have to check them out. They look pretty heavy duty.. Might have to buy for both the FJ's. That just might leave a mark on the neighbors cars when they back into us. LOL! >:D

21 - 40 of 42 Posts