Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I've been searching for threads that piecemeal ( with pics) the OEM removal.

Can anyone remember where they are?
this one is pretty good.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...bumper-warn-m8000-install-high-pic-count.html

the hardest part is pulling firm but patiently on the upper corners where the front of the fenders meet the bumper, they crack, but I don't think you re use those pieces anyway. It's really simple though, just keep unsnappin stuff and pulling till it comes off. lol

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
You need a phillips, flat head, and 10mm box wrench,

Two phillip screws on top of grill
Black plastic fasteners on top of grill...pop open with flat head
Gently pull grill forward on both sides

4 phillip screw under bumper cover
4 10mm screws under bumper cover
2 phillip screws on each side of bumper cover at wheel well facing aft
black plastic fasteners on top of bumper cover...pop open with flat head
2 black plastic fasteners holding lower grill insert...pop open with flat head

firmly pull bumper on either side to pop it out...sounds painful be it's what you gotta do.

I've done it twice this month.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I think the scariest part is cutting the inner fender liner.
Nah big scissors or tin snips and just cut it right along the metal on the front of the fenderwell, dont leave em on even for a short drive or you will get the old playing card in the spokes effect with a good burning smell, ask me how I know. lol

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, guys!! Somehow I knew you'd post, Mike.

Now how 'bout a visit to give me a hand? :D

PokerDawg, great pic to work with. Looking forward to meeting you on my next SoCal tag-a-long.

Shipment still hasn't arrived, but should be any day. Jason and Kim are a little busy at the moment. :lol:

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the hardest part is pulling firm but patiently on the upper corners where the front of the fenders meet the bumper, they crack, but I don't think you re use those pieces anyway. It's really simple though, just keep unsnappin stuff and pulling till it comes off. lol
You need a phillips, flat head, and 10mm box wrench,

Two phillip screws on top of grill
Black plastic fasteners on top of grill...pop open with flat head
Gently pull grill forward on both sides

4 phillip screw under bumper cover
4 10mm screws under bumper cover
2 phillip screws on each side of bumper cover at wheel well facing aft
black plastic fasteners on top of bumper cover...pop open with flat head
2 black plastic fasteners holding lower grill insert...pop open with flat head

firmly pull bumper on either side to pop it out...sounds painful be it's what you gotta do.
I've done it twice this month.
Gotta do what a Man's gotta do. I was hoping to maybe figure out a way to use that top part to fill in the gap behind the top front of the new DO. Something will come to me...

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Removed with no problems. Now for the metal bumper itself.

The right tool to cut the plastic wheel well liner. No measuring, just cut to suit.

Now, a sledgehammer to knock out the OEM tac-welded bolts. Just the 3 outer ones on each side.

The new DeMello Front PreRunner w/ hoop

I installed the front skid prior to the bumper. I got lucky when I realized that my everyday lunch cooler was just the right fit to hold it in place to bolt it up.

And here is the result:

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
you might also look at metal techs intallation instructions

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I installed the front skid prior to the bumper. I got lucky when I realized that my everyday lunch cooler was just the right fit to hold it in place to bolt it up.
:lol: I used my lunch cooler to hold up my All Pro skid while I bolted it on. Too funny!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.