Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to replace my factory drive belt on my 2013 FJ and figured I'd swap out the pulley's as well as I'm getting a chirping sound when I start the engine. I couldn't find the specific part #'s when searching for some of the part #'s, so here goes:

IDLER PULLEY'S
I'm looking for the OEM part #'s for the idler pulley's on my 2013 FJ. I've found the #1 Idler Pulley is part # 16603-0P030. There are two #2 Idler Pulley's according to the Factory Service Manual, but when looking them up I get two different part #'s (see photo below). Does anyone know if I should use part # 16604-31030 or part # 16604-0P011?

TENSIONER PULLEY
In my search I found that some with a 07-09 FJ have replaced just the pulley on the tensioner assembly. Does anyone know the part # for the pulley that attaches to the tensioner on the 2010-2014 FJ?

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to the dealer yesterday to pick up some SLLC (coolant) and asked the parts guy for the correct numbers. He also got the same thing and thought it may be based upon production date. Apparently the #2 Idler Pulley's have some overlap in the production dates, so it's a mystery. He had 2 of the 16604-0P011 in stock so I bought them, then he ordered 2 of the 16604-31030 and the #1 Idler Pulley. Should have everything tomorrow. Then I"ll pick them up, swap them out this coming weekend, and then return the ones I don't need. Will update everyone here on what I find out so that anyone in the future knows what the correct #'s are.

Also found out that I cannot change the pulley alone on the Tensioner Assembly, so looks like that's staying on for now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Any updates on this. About to do this myself in the next week or two.

Went to the dealer yesterday to pick up some SLLC (coolant) and asked the parts guy for the correct numbers. He also got the same thing and thought it may be based upon production date. Apparently the #2 Idler Pulley's have some overlap in the production dates, so it's a mystery. He had 2 of the 16604-0P011 in stock so I bought them, then he ordered 2 of the 16604-31030 and the #1 Idler Pulley. Should have everything tomorrow. Then I"ll pick them up, swap them out this coming weekend, and then return the ones I don't need. Will update everyone here on what I find out so that anyone in the future knows what the correct #'s are.

Also found out that I cannot change the pulley alone on the Tensioner Assembly, so looks like that's staying on for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts