Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! About 3 weeks ago I went mudding at a local OHV park. I got home washed the vehicle, inside and out. Went to start the FJ, the starter was toast. Got the vehicle towed to the Toyota dealer. They replaced the starter, under the extended warranty. A week later, the pulley bearings started to whine. I took the FJ back to the Toyota dealer. A couple days later, the Service Rep. called and said the radiator is clogged with mud. They charged me $290 to clean the radiator, which I agreed to. Then they told me that they tried to put in a warranty claim to have pulleys 1, 2, 3, and the tension pulley, along with the belt. But they were told they have to have an inspecter come out and investigate the FJ because there was traces of mud underneath the engine. So they might not cover this under warranty. If it isnt covered it will cost me $800 to replace pulleys, and the belt. I know this has been an issue with pulleys going, but has anyone had problems with Toyota replacing these parts under warranty? IF so what did you say to get them to replace under warranty. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Mine are fine, but this is a problem for lots of people, who play with mud and water. The OEM pulleys are not sealed. You can do a search on here, it has be addressed many many times. In fact just the other day I read a lengthy right up on what pulleys to buy and from where. I'll try to find it for you. I want to say to do the whole deal, is only like $200.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts