Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wow. That's a lot of mud on the rigs.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Looks like fun! Rescue or not, I'm sure you guys had a blast. :)

·
Premium Member
885 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Don't go puffin out your chest. In mud like that, I'm sure they'll return the favor one day.

·
Registered
127 Posts
How do we know the Jeep isn't pulling the FJ out backwards?????
Just kidding :)

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Ow yes, got a lot of practice pulling out heeps with my 94 Landcruiser. Great fun the whole family can enjoy.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
wow thats alot of mud...nice work!

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
One more variable that cant been seen with pictures is the DRIVER. Just because you bought a nice shinny new jeep and passed you state's drivers license test does not make you qualified to takle every mud hole or trail out there.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Nice work! You definitely had the better tires.

·
Registered
251 Posts
One more variable that cant been seen with pictures is the DRIVER. Just because you bought a nice shinny new jeep and passed you state's drivers license test does not make you qualified to takle every mud hole or trail out there.
I agree with FJ Marine, a poor driver in a great vehicle will get themselves in trouble.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
FJs to the rescue.... AGAIN!!:rocker:

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
the best way to learn though is for the worst to go wrong :D
True

Ok, story time.

I finished recruiters school in June of 06 and was one of 4 recruiters to get orders to Recruiting Station Nashville, TN. We were all assigned to different offices through out the state. One ended up in Oak Ridge just outside of Knoxville. While this young Marine, I think he was like 23 or 24, was on leave he leased a brand new Rubicon. Yup, I said leased........ In an attempt to get to know and bond with the recruiters at his new office they all went wheeling on some local trails. I thin we all know where ths is going, lol. Young guy trying to fit in......... 3 other Marine egging him on. Anyways, he ended up burying the Jeep up to the windshield in a mud hole. Took 2 trucks to pull him out and the guys that pulled him out were nice enough to inform him that the hole they hit was only used for mud bog drag racers, lol. 7K worth of damage to a leased vehicle later and I guess he learned his tought lesson, lol. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts