Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Just bought one with the case and haven't tried to travel with it yet.

It's currently in the padded case in the cardboard box that it came in too, but this box is much bigger than the one for the PullPal alone and I wouldn't think if trying to bring that along. The case should fit snuggly inside the cargo area behind the front seats or somewhere along the sides. I was thinking about trying to mount the body to the side of the roof rack (and keep the shovel inside), but the body is so huge and heavy that I think it'll be better just left in the padded case somewhere in the cargo area. That may change with further thought, but that's my take on it for now.

· Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Bellydoc: Great setup!!! Please give us the details for installing the bracket -- how did you do it and what parts did you use? Thanks!

· Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I'd be happy to bang one out for you. You just have to come over and bring your Pull-Pal. I've got everything else on hand except the turnbuckles, which we can get around the corner at Lowes. :D
Wow! That's way more than I want to take on. Guess I'll have to wait to schedule a trip to or through Phoenix. ;)

Thanks, for the offer. I'll let you know when to expect me. :wave:

· Premium Member
2,602 Posts

· Premium Member
2,602 Posts
If you get a chance, could you measure it for me?

I'd be interested in the width and length of the shovel blade as well as the overall length of the folded shaft section. If you could also check size of the square tube that it's formed up out of, it would help me think about this.
Ok, will do. :)

· Premium Member
2,602 Posts
If you get a chance, could you measure it for me?

I'd be interested in the width and length of the shovel blade as well as the overall length of the folded shaft section. If you could also check size of the square tube that it's formed up out of, it would help me think about this.
Here are the measurements that I came up with for my 11k PullPal:

Shovel width across the top: 10 5/8"
Shovel length overall (from top to tip): 23 5/8"
Overall length of main (square) tube (which ends with the D-ring hole): 45 5/8"
Size of each side of the square tube (as painted): exactly 3.9cm or about 1 9/16"

I also have measurements of the length of the side of the blade to the start of the angle and from the start of the angle to the tip if you need them. I didn't take any measures of the folding arm assembly attached to the main tube.

Are you going to try to fab a bracket from this info?

· Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I never had a good idea as to the size of those things before seeing this photo, that thing is huge... which is probably why it works
Yes, it's heavy as heck too!

My impression is that the shovel of the 14k model is bigger than the 11k model, which allows for the extra 3k, but that the folding arm for each is the same.

Bellydoc, is this the case?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.