Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got Bilstein 6112s up front and 5100s on the rear. Good shop - guys know what they are doing. However, it pulls right no matter what. They have aligned it 2 times but still can't seem to get it to drive straight.

I was hoping someone might know some other areas to check to fix it?

My thoughts - maybe one side is slightly higher than the other? (Not sure if that would even matter)
Tires? - but we crossed them too and it still pulls right
Bushing? Could bad bushing cause this?

Anyway - if anyone can shoot me some ideas I'd appreciate it! :cheers:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Brakes dragging
Wheel bearing dragging
Bent rear link
Crown of the road
Cross wind
Chubby chick as navigator

I'd start with brake drag and or a bad wheel bearing....

YMMV RON

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brakes dragging
Wheel bearing dragging
Bent rear link
Crown of the road
Cross wind
Chubby chick as navigator

I'd start with brake drag and or a bad wheel bearing....

YMMV RON
My wife is prego.... It happens regardless of road or wind - I live in San Diego so it's pretty mild weather.

Good call on brakes. I'll have them check that and the rear link! Much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Check the brake caliper. They do rust and seize up a lot on these vehicals :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Funny, I have the exact same setup with the exact same problem. The pull to the right only started after I installed the lift kit. Prior to the install, I had no pull to the right. I've been to a few shops here in San Diego, (Truck Shop off Miramar Road, Dualtone in PB next to In and Out, Mossy Toyota service center). None of them can find anything wrong. For what it's worth, I've got the 6112's on the top notch. I assembled and installed the front 6112s with new tops/bearings, front SPC Light Racing UCA's (in the forward 'A' max caster position), rear springs (Icon Overland) and rear 5160's myself over nine hours on a Sunday.

I have new LCA's to install sitting in the garage, though I don't think they will help at this point.

I've just been living with the pull.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have a similar issue with my ICON setup, but my pull is very small and I'm not sure how much pull you are having. By that I mean how long it takes for a lane over a specified distance is the best way I can think of measuring it.

Shockingly my dealership is really helpfull and looked at it and the tech informed me that the center line of the wheel on the drivers side is slightly more forward than the passenger side.

I was ready to pay for an alignment and the tech brought it back telling me and showing me the before alignment numbers as it was waiting on the alignment rack(all in spec). I'm looking for the alignment sheet he gave me to tell which part of the alignment affects it.

In the end the tech said he can dial it in so that it won't pull, but I said nah in the end as it doesn't really bother me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts