Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any locals here in OR and or WA also have dogs that let you drive around THEIR FJ's??? Tell me about them and how they like the FJ's...

My Vizsla was not a real fan of riding in vehicles, but I started her out in a crate in the cargo area and she really doesn't mind anymore! (I turn off the sub-woofer...)

This is Ginger in my sig, at about 8 mo. She just turned 1 year old!

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
This is Fritz in my girlfriends jeep but he love to ride in the back of the fj. I got him a dog bed from costco so he wouldn't slide around. Fits nicely in the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
This is Sniff, my girlfriends dog, who loves the FJ:

...and all strapped in ready to go!

Love it! We have a Boston Terrier (Bentley) as well and he LIVES for car rides! Hasn't been in the new ride yet!

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
Mine love to ride in the FJ. Here is one of them, Beau waiting for a ride, and then laying down on a long road trip.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to take it slowly before allowing Ginger to ride uncrated. Let her get used to the rig and all. Before (in my Camry or my F-150) she basically stood the whole ride, whimpering and drooling. In the crate she is quiet and seems to not let it bother her!

Nice to see others with happy dogs!

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine love to ride in the FJ. Here is one of them, Beau waiting for a ride, and then laying down on a long road trip.

I LOVE that second pic!

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
I'm going to take it slowly before allowing Ginger to ride uncrated. Let her get used to the rig and all. Before (in my Camry or my F-150) she basically stood the whole ride, whimpering and drooling. In the crate she is quiet and seems to not let it bother her!

Nice to see others with happy dogs!
Having a bed or their bed in there at first helps. It is something familiar to them that they can lay on and be very comfortable with. Just an idea to maybe help transition.

Thanks on the pic. That one is actually my parents golden. Mines in my signature.

·
Registered
692 Posts
No in-FJ pics, alas, but Tucker, my Australian Cattle Dog, really enjoys a good ride -- including wheeling. He rides on the back seat (with a sturdy seat cover). He had some trouble early on, with motion sickness. This went away when he was given a bit more freedom to see and move about. He would never stay in the rear cargo area. :lol:

-- Paul

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sheff and Gwen love to ride in the FJ

especially if we go to the beach

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone, these are great!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
This is Charlotte during the 2010 summit, Ouray, CO.

Her she is on the way down Black Bear -

I guess she was bored driving..

Only problem, she doesn't like to get up for the early runs on the mountain.

·
Registered
341 Posts
My Weimaraner, Gracie, just chills in the back, even with my box back there.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Heres one of the new pup. Think she gets a little motion sickness.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 75 Posts