Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here purchased their Toyota at another dealership, other than the one they take it to for service?

If so, how are your service expectations?

Here is my experience...

There is a Toyota dealer right down the street from me that told me they would cut me a deal by trucking in the FJ I wanted from over 400 miles away. They did not have a gray FJ with the Subwoofer in-stock and that is what I wanted. The deal they were giving me was to truck in the FJ for only $500.00!

I decided to wait and look around myself.

I called a Toyota dealer that was 60 miles away, a one hour drive.

They happened to have the exact model FJ I was looking for and they said they had a call from my local dealership about purchasing it for a re-sale.

So instead of paying $500.00 to my local Toyota dealer, I drove on out to the other dealer in less than one hour and bought it for myself, saving myself $500.00 on the sticker price of a brand new 2008 FJ Cruiser.

The salesperson told me over and over that I could bring the FJ in to my local dealer for service at any time to exercise the warantee. Granted, that is true but they give me very poor service. I am wondering if the reason they always need my VIN is to check and see if they sold me the truck. Once they realize they did not sell that FJ, I really get the run-around. They refuse to order parts for me, they can never fit me into the garage in less than a week and they cant even give me 10 minutes to help me change my wipers or work with me on my issues.

Is this normal behavior to expect?

Should I buy my autos from a local dealer no matter what?

·
Registered
236 Posts
My dealer found me the truck I wanted and didn't charge me extra for it, as far as I remember. Maybe they wound have if they didn't make so much off me.

I will always expect good service but we all have different views on what that is... some people expect a lot and others are more forgiving.

Which one are you?

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
Ok So lets get this straight
On the other thread you are getting rid of the FJ and getting a Ridgeline.
How many of you, are in you head?
WOW I think I need meds now!!!!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
a good dealership shouldnt care where you bought it from, your in their store now and should be trying win over your business so mabe next time you will buy from them

·
Registered
119 Posts
Another post from our resident troll. I had lasagna for dinner. mmmm good.

·
Registered
177 Posts

Everyone should stop humoring this guy. It just makes it worse.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I'd like to tell Toyota not to sell FJ Cruisers to Morons!!!!

They should come with a warning sticker " For Purist's Only"

I had beer & nachos for dinner and watched a hockey game!!

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to my dealer that is 60 miles away today.

They only have 2 wipers in-stock.

I am agreeing to drive out there today for 2 wipers.

Then I will go back out there next Friday and get the 3rd.

Now to all you haters and flamers who pick on others to feel cool...

:wave:

I am ignoring you too.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Not to call BS on your wiper SAGA, but Toyota has three huge US parts distribution centers (Baltimore, Cincinnati and Ontario, CA). Dealers receive parts every day and wiper blades are not a tough to get commodity. After a month plus of reading your "poor winter performance, poor blizzard performance and now this, I really wonder if you do own an FJ. How about posting up some pictures of it (maybe next to your "really sweet 2010 275 hp Altima coupe)??

DON'T FEEd THE TROLL

I am ignoring you too.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Not to call BS on your wiper SAGA, but Toyota has three huge US parts distribution centers (Baltimore, Cincinnati and Ontario, CA). Dealers receive parts every day and wiper blades are not a tough to get commodity. After a month plus of reading your "poor winter performance, poor blizzard performance and now this, I really wonder if you do own an FJ. How about posting up some pictures of it (maybe next to your "really sweet 2010 275 hp Altima coupe)??

DON'T FEEd THE TROLL
A agree with you and honestly, it makes it more evident that he's a troll because who would drive 60 miles for wipers when you can just go to walmart or an auto parts store and get some... I R DUMBFOUNDED

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'd like to tell Toyota not to sell FJ Cruisers to Morons!!!!

They should come with a warning sticker " For Purist's Only"

I had beer & nachos for dinner and watched a hockey game!!

:cheers::cheers:
Beer and nachos...now that's comfort food.:cheers:

·
Registered
119 Posts

I am ignoring you too.
I change my mind, let's keep kid around....cause he's cracking me up>:rofl:

60 miles for wiper blades?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts