Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Pure Auto Parts, Inc. and PureFJCruiser will be in Milan Italy this Spring. Will we see many FJ's? Will we see you?

We'd love tips on what to do and see during our free time too.

Thanks all!
I'll be in Switzerland, does that count? - w/o my FJ though.............

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,758 Posts
How awesome!! Since Norther Italy is one of my fave places in the world, I'd rank the Lakes (Como, Maggiorii) and mountains (The Dolomites) among the most astonishingly beautiful locations anywhere, and not far from Milan. If you have time to drop south a bit you can hit Venice, a unique must-see-before-it-drowns lol. As for FJs I've seen a few people post up from that region, but would be surprised if you actually sited any. Are you bringing yours over? What's the occasion?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I was in Milan a few years ago. We got the circle tour bus pass and used it to get around, worked pretty well. I don't have too much advice, though if you do the Duomo roof tour (which is pretty cool), take the elevator up (trust me on this one) not the stairs. Going down the stairs is fine though (they charge each way for the elevator).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Make sure to go to Lugano, Switzerlandm - just north of Milano. Amazing mountain town, beautiful lake and a great spot to go find some trails! Or, take me and I work as a tour guide/translator. Although it has been 10 years since I lived there - give me a couple limoncello's and my italian will be flowing like it used to! It's so close to Italy that it is basically an Italian city in Switzerland. Best meats and cheese you'll eat!

I'm jealous - have a wonderful trip. I actually lived in Rome so I only know a little bit about the north. There is a little town southwest of Milano called Pavia - it's actually the largest tree farming for paper area in the world. If you catch it on a foggy day - amazing little mid-evil feel and spook to it! Plenty of back country roads to explore too! And a must - try La Torta Paradiso - it is been a staple in Pavia since WW1. Melts in your mouth like no cake you will ever try!

·
Desert Moderator
5,648 Posts

·
Vendor
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone done the Bernina Express?

Thanks for the tips! We will definitely try to see as much as we can while there. First few days are in Como. Then on to Milan. I understand that FJ Shirts are all the fashion rage!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
In the 28 years I lived in northern Italy (born and raised in Venice), I never saw an FJ, at least that I can remember, same as Tacomas/Tundras.

I would suggest you also Lake Garda, Verona, Venice (of course), from Milano it will take you 3h to get to Venice and both lake Garda and Verona are on the way.

On the West side I would say Cinque Terre, it's a classic (Liguria region), Torino is also a nice city.

Depends really on what you like and how long are you going to stay, given enough time, I would fly/boat to Sardegna over a weekend.

Let me know if you need tips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts