Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of Demello Dominatorz (sliders) from Pure FJ the day after Christmas.
They arrived yesterday (March 28) and I installed them. They were packaged very well. They had no documentation, but I was easily able to put them on. Quite sturdy, but angled up to my surprise. I looked at some pics on line and noticed the same upward slant so figure that was normal. They look good and I like them. However, they did not arrive as pictured from PureFJ. On the picture (and every other picture I can find on the web) there is a tag that has their branding along the side... DO . There was no listed option for with or without 'plates' as I am told they are called nor a place to enter that as an option on the PureFJ site. Easy to think that what is pictured is what you get. Yes, I ordered them with the powder coating. They arrived with out the branding or plate. I talked with Tiffany at Demello who was friendly and offered to send the plates, but then I was sent a note from Jason Demello saying they were not supposed to be on there and he showed me on their site where you add them in. Then I questioned as to whether they were counterfeit being that they weren't as pictured on all the websites and talked of doing a chargeback. Tiffany assured me they were real and then Jason wrote again saying that they weren't supposed to have them. I may have come across as irate during all of this.
I think they are sending the plates now according to Tiffany and that is all I really wanted. At first I figured they accidentally forgot to put them on since they were running behind and so asked to have them.

Should I have asked PureFJ about this and not contacted Demello? Figured Demello since they were the one who made them. Either way, I am going to take pictures of the non-branded sliders installed and send to both companies. They need pictures of what is being offered for others to see.

Anyone out there with the Dominatorz sliders from PureFJ with similar dealings? Very happy with PureFJ and other dealings with them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Pictures are needed here. I have purchased Pure sliders from Pure and received in about 2 weeks, not powder coated (I had that done locally cheaper). No issues at all and came branded with Pure on the sides that I later painted red.

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Pictures are needed here. I have purchased Pure sliders from Pure and received in about 2 weeks, not powder coated (I had that done locally cheaper). No issues at all and came branded with Pure on the sides that I later painted red.
Pure sliders from Pure FJC are actually All-Pro's but rebranded.

They must do something similar with Demello's although I'm not sure why... I would have contacted the Pure FJC before Demello. No big deal either way and glad you got it worked out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Pure sliders from Pure FJC are actually All-Pro's but rebranded.
I thought that may be the case - rebranding. For me, $300 bucks with free shipping, then $250 for the powder coating. The sliders make entering the truck so much easier and of course provide protection without sacrificing ground clearance.

Thanks for that info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts