Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a set of these for my 08 FJ for Christmas.

Dont know much about them beyond the excellent reviews on Amazon. That may or may not mean much so I figured I would ask you guys before I install them. I see they are around $80 so I want to make sure they are good to go or if I should return them and get something else.

I dont have to have to very best available. I just want a significant upgrade over the mediocre factory dome lights.

I am thinking that since these are LED, they have to be a pretty good step up. What say you guys?

·
Registered
132 Posts
verryyyyy verryyy bad ass!!!! one of the best mods i have done ,

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
We call our's the "Kitchen Light". I get as many comments on that dome light as I do on anything. Great mod. Well worth the bucks as far as I can tell ya.

·
Registered
99 Posts
am I missing a picture some where??
No. The OP was just asking about the Putco dome lights in general. No pics were included. I myself have been looking at different brands for mine.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Well I don't know about Putco, but I just spent about 1/10th of the cost for an el-cheapo LED dome light that should flame-on the interior just fine. For the price, I can throw it way if it doesn't work out. Others have used these with good success, so why not try?
DealExtreme: $7.50 T10/BA9S/Festoon 2.28W 12V 36-LED Car Ceiling Dome Light Bulb - White
X2 on the cheaper ones. works great. $3.49 shipped for 48 led panel.

Light Lamp Panel 48 SMD LED+T10+Dome Bulb+BA9S Adapter - eBay (item 150529888231 end time Jan-04-11 14:24:29 PST)

·
Registered
535 Posts
I would really like to see some pictures of these installed in an FJ. Are they bright enough to install outside the vehicle?
-under the hood?
-under the side view mirrors?

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
The ones from DealExtreme fit the FJ without issues?

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Got the deal extreme ones and they work perfectly.
+1 on the deal extremes. Just got mine and they are crazy bright. Seems silly to me to spend the money on the putco's.

·
Registered
443 Posts
+1 on the Putco lights.

The inside of the truck can be pretty dark when you searching for something - the Putco lights light up the inside of the truck extremely well. One of the best mods I've done.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will post pics once I get them.

As for Deal Extreme, I will NEVER use them again for anything. They sent me a defective light and their CS is the worst I have ever encountered. They demanded I send lots of pics, even pictures of the box BEFORE I opened it. Well, it was TOO LATE for that.

Fvck DX. Never again.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I pulled the trigger on the el cheapos. Figured I spilled almost $30 bucks in drinks friday night,might as well spend $ on something I can actually use. :bandit:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts