Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked an ARB bumper for my 08 FJ. Used, great condition. Previous owner got hit, bumper was removed before it went to bodyshop, no damage to bumper, but also no mounting hardware, plates, brackets, nut, bolts etc... I only got the bumper, smoking deal. Bumper has an ARB sticker inside with a part# of 3420100 for an 07 & up FJ

Questions are:

1. Can I buy just a fit kit for this bumper which contains everything I need to mount? and where? for a reasonable price?

2. The bumper also does not have any housing/insert for the two big holes where the turn signals and foglights go. Does ARB sell this bumper with and without this housing/insert? Or is this the optional foglight kit ARB sells? Again, where can I get this? for a reasonable price? If this is the optional foglight kit, does it come with foglights, or can I get this part just to fill the hole with the turn signals?

Thanks everyone :cheers:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
RangerJoe I would suggest call ARB at (425) 264 1391 and ask for a fitting instuctions #3783197 this is for the ARB bar for the FJ Cruiser part# 3420100. Once you get the booklet you could determine exactly what parts you need and call them back and order the missing parts. Too bad you didn't have all the parts you need but considering you had a good deal it should be well worth the hassle. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
You are missing a lot of stuff, so it may not be such a smokin' deal when you are through... You aren't just missing a couple of nuts and bolts here - you'll need the entire subframe kit, light inserts, brackets, turn signal kits, mounting hardware kit - basically everything except the bumper piece itself. And you have no way to verify that the bumper piece is straight until you mount it, so hopefully it's not tweeked from the accident.

Call ARB or an ARB dealer to check if those parts will be available for purchase separately - hopefully they are, and will not cost you more than just buying a complete bumper kit in the first place...Best of luck to you :cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
The mounting bracket is collapsable in a collision to aid in passenger safety. Therefore, one could make a good guess that they would offer this piece separately for if someone was in an accident but the bumper was still in good shape.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Was the accident involving the ARB bumper? What do you consider a smoking deal? I boutght mine used with all hardware and ipf fog lights in the bumper for $550 and had it installed for $100, that I consider a good deal.

Call ARB, the customer service is top notch, just ask for tech support and they will set you up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts