Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm looking at a 2007 Fj with 37,000 miles, auto, 4x4, with atrac, rear lock diff, subwoofer, tow package, side airbags. The price is $22,981. They are offering me $14,500 for my Jeep Wrangler Sport with 45,000 miles, auto, 4x4, hard and soft top (I paid $14,250 about 2 years ago). I'm a little concerned about buying a 2007 since I've read about some of the fender bulge problems. The build date on this Fj is July 2007 I believe. Does this seem like a decent deal? Does the later 2007 build date make a difference? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
If you plan on using it as a daily driver I wouldn't worry about the bulges, it's pretty much cosmetic.. At least look for them before you purchase it though. If you plan on wheeling it, I'd get a little newer.
The deal sounds pretty dang good tho :cheers:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Check the fenders for cracks. If there isn't any you'll be fine. I bought my 07 voodoo blue with 47k, lifted with 33s for 24k and traded in my 05 dodge ram 1500 with 33k and they only gave me 15.5 for it. I took the trade because you rarely see them used up by me and there was already a few people looking to buy it if I waited to sell my dodge. You could get more money for your jeep if you sell it privately. But will it still be there when your jeep is sold plus if you trade in your jeep you will only have to pay the tax on the remaining price saving you a grand.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Sounds like a pretty decent deal to me. As stated, check it over well before agreeing to the deal. Them offering you more money for your trade than what you paid for it 2 years ago is a bonus.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
FWIW I paid a couple grand less for my '07 with matching options less the sub, granted it was at 60K miles.
All in all you still have a good deal especially when you factor in your trade situation.
GL and post up some pics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I got it. No bulges or cracks. They even came down another $750. Thanks for everyones help.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Well, I got it. No bulges or cracks. They even came down another $750. Thanks for everyones help.
I believe you did good. Enjoy the beasty. Congrats on the purchase.:rocker:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts