Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will buy my FJ Cruiser at the beginning of next year. My wife just bought a new car, so I have to wait until then:mecry:

Anyways, the positive aspect is that I can get an 09, and hopefully maybe some nice changes will be apart of that (doesn't matter, I love the FJ the way it is).

My question is for those who have bought brand new.

Is there really any difference in purchasing on line (through the internet sales dept of a dealership)-better deals?

I hate dealing face to face (hate the BS of the fake A$$ salesman).

I have gone on edmunds and looked at the tips in regards to the invoice price, retail price, etc. Is that what I should be hoping to get my vehicle for? (is that info accurate?

Any advice would be helpful:cheers:

I know I pretty much want to get it loaded, however I would rather go aftermarket with my tires and wheels, and maybe roof rack as well. I know if I can find something on the lot, it may be cheaper then ordering?

My wife bought her car through Carmax, however I will buy brand new (it was actually a plesant experience to buy through them). I may just take my Jeep there to see what they will offer (I don't have to buy from them either).

Thanks.

Jack

·
Registered
530 Posts
My experience of buying my FJ new and working in the office at a car dealership in my late teens is buy one on the lot! I got almost $2K off in June of 2006 when most were lucky to pay invoice! I found a big dealership in Chi-town that was having a weekend sale and trying to get rid of as many of the 5 they had on the lot!

I eventually found exactly what I was looking for (loaded) with the discount I was wanting!

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
When I scored mine. I went online and got prices for FJ's that were set up the way I wanted from several places. I used those prices as leverage and with my excellent neotiating skills. I bought mine that had a sticker price of $34,5OO for $28,5OO and it had a killer Leather interior.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
If you have to wait till the beginning of 09 after the 09's are released, you could probably get a killer deal on an 08.

Just a thought

·
Registered
923 Posts
^ That's what I did this past January. Got $9K off the price because the dealership I went to had a bunch of manuals.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks for the responses.

I also noticed a section for my question, my bad for posting in the wrong section.

Jack
Welcome to the forum!:wave:

Something my pops has always told me, buy USED USED USED USED USED :)

There, I'm off my soap box ... hehe, no, in all honesty, I'd go to the dealer. Face to face. I'm sure you could score alot better deal, and besides, make sure you take it for a thorough test drive. As much as I love my FJ, I can easily see how it's not for everybody. Good luck with your endeavors!

Awesome German Shepard too! :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
There are 2 Carmax's that sell new cars. One is in the Chicago area and the other is in the DC area. Check out their website and you can see what they have and the price is no haggle. We sold our Jeep Wrangler to a Carmax in Texas and got substantially more than what the other dealers wanted to give as a trade in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just do your research first! I waiteds until late October when the lot was full of 08's and got a sweet deal on an 07! The way gas prices are going you should be able to get an even sweeter deal since SUV's are not the vehicles of choice these days. Also toyota always has a huge late Summer sale (Toyotathon Slaes Event) in an effort to unload models before the new models start hitting the lot. I dont think this sale is specific to the Southrast but I could be wrong.
Good Luck hope i helped a little

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
From my own experience I did better when dealing with the Dealership's Internet Sales person.
My friends purchased a left over 07 after seing my 08.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
You know, I got mine in August of '06. There just was no haggling here in New Orleans then. I think that this forum is an AWESOME place to research and ask questions. Then, use that knowledge when you cut your deal. If I had known about this place back then, I probably would have done things a little differently. Good Luck and like I told you in your welcome thread, BEAUTIFUL shepherd!

Kim

·
Registered
130 Posts
There are 2 Carmax's that sell new cars. One is in the Chicago area and the other is in the DC area.
I bought my FJ at the Carmax in MD. Had a very pleasant purchasing experience down there. No hassle, price even dropped $200 while I was debating the purchase. Got it well below sticker and something like $2k under invoice.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I actually got the best deal I saw on my TRD through my credit union. Great, no-BS way to go.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I did well with my purchase also! Nobody wanted to buy mine because of the steelies on it! HAHAHAHAAAA. They had one on the lot with the exact same features plus alloys for 5 grand more! You americans and your stupid bling bling! :lol:

·
Banned
31 Posts
Play the dealership game... Call the Fleet dept at the dealership and get the best possible price. Go to the same dealerships internet and get the best possible price. Then take the two prices and go to another dealership and do the same. Next thing you got two dealerships fighting over you. You'll save a lot of $$ in the long run... Worked for me...

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
yep get a quote through Costco or someone else...then use that to bargain locally. They have a Trail Teams edition that has been sitting on the lot here for a month without a bite.....might be willing to deal if you could come and pick it up yourself and drive it home. I will get you a name and number at stealership to contact if interested.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts