Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed it says 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0

is that a 3.0 diameter cylinder or 3" lift? Its kind of hard to tell from the site. I'm assuming 3" lift since I would have heard more people testing these out and I cant come up with anything.

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
I'm sure they'll chime in, but yes, it appears they offer a 3" shock, which is comparable to dual 2.5" shocks...

SIZE: The diameter of the shock absorber body must be matched to the vehicle weight and intended use. Larger diameter shocks contain more oil for greater operating efficiency, as well as larger internal components and mounting hardware for strength.
2.0" Shocks are recommended for light weight vehicles (up to 5,000 lbs) and street applications. Multiple shocks per corner must be installed for heavier vehicles.

2.5" Shocks are recommended for medium weight vehicles (5,000 – 7,500 lbs) and recreational or racing applications. A single 2.5" shock is comparable in performance to dual 2.0" shocks.

3.0" Shocks are recommended for heavy weight vehicles (over 7,500 lbs) and professional racing applications. A single 3.0" shock is comparable in performance to dual 2.5" shocks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts