Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few days I will be putting on some steelies and have to transfer the TPMS system,

Will I need any replacement parts (like seals etc)

I am guessing this is no biggie but just checking with all who have already traveled this road for tips and pitfalls to avoid.

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
My stock ones fit into my ProComp 7089's with no problem. Discount tried to get me to buy their's but I said no.....

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone, I HATE TPMS!!! To me it's an idiot light and has no place on a 4x4 vehicle but someone told me here I can thank my government for this new automobile standard.:(

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it beep? If not I will Kill the light!!

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I actually sold my stock rims thinking the TPMS was still in them as I didn't know the shop put them in my new 909 skull wheels. I felt so guilty as I lied on the ebay ad and contacted the buyer which was very cool. We decided on a $50 refund and I would have done $100 or bought them back. Good people can always work things out..

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Post up some pix of those steelies when you get them on. I'm anxious.
Will do! Heard you are gettin new wheels too, I want pics of that too!

I am actually thinking about doing a "build" thread, I have been so lazy about it but I have made some headway and though its not an exciting build its a build in progress so I need to document it for future members:)

Pretty much the same wheel as the ones I put on my Taco, pic below. The 'ol wagon wheels:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually sold my stock rims thinking the TPMS was still in them as I didn't know the shop put them in my new 909 skull wheels. I felt so guilty as I lied on the ebay ad and contacted the buyer which was very cool. We decided on a $50 refund and I would have done $100 or bought them back. Good people can always work things out..
I talked to a few people to get to the bottom of the tpms stuff, a regular tire shop may have issues doing it or having proper kits and parts that commonly get replaced but a reputable shop or reputable 4x4 shop have what we need. The TPMS kits are $7 a wheel at Toyota.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts