Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 questions....

1.what is the offset of the wheel you are using?

2. did you end up doing a body mount chop to prevent rubbing?

3. what size tire did you choose?

Very little info on here regarding the 18 x 9 size and since you cant search for "18" I had to post the question.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Why 18 x 9's? I'm just curious.

1. -12mm offset should do it. That'll give you around 4.5" backspace. Much more and your tires will hit the upper control arms.
2. Body mount chop depends on the tire size you run and your alignment specs. With wider wheels and wider/taller tires, you're more likely to rub.
3. 265/65/18 would be about the same height as the stock tires. Rubbing seems like almost a sure thing with 285's on 9" wide wheels but I haven't run them so I couldn't say for sure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I run 285/65/18 Falken ATS Rocky mountains no rub at all with a Revtek 3" Level Kit. I just swapped out my Toyo MT 33x12.50x18's for the Falkens and had no rub either. I run a 18x9 american Thug.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I bought the 18x9 XD Revolvers and mounted them in Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/65/18 tires. All I had to do was chop the body mounts. The offset is -12 according the the web site. Mine is a '08 4x4 with automatic and totally stock suspensions - not even a level kit

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
As many others have posted above...18" rim is not the key factor...the Width and Diameter of the tire is most important. If the offset is 4.5" that means the mounting point is about dead center/middle of a 9" rim. I doubt you need wheel spacers unless you put a 13.50 series tire on that rim. You will probaly need to do the body mount chop with a tire taller than 33".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts