Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is some more information for those who Pre-Registered for the event. Below is how many individual FJ's registered and what state they are in.

What I want to know is, do other people want to start a state by state caravan, to make not just the destination, but the journey to Ouray more fun ?

What does everyone think?

CO 42
CA 29
TX 13
AZ 12
IL 10
NM 9
GA 8
NV 8
OR 6
AR 6
FL 6
OH 5
PA 5
WA 4
NC 4
KS 4
ON 4
MI 3
WI 3
UT 3
AL 3
ID 2
VA 2
IA 2
IN 2
CT 2
NY 2
WY 2
MN 2
MO 2
MA 2
MD 2
TN 2
NJ 1
MB 1
QC 1
DE 1
AB 1
SC 1
BC 1
No information given 16

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm looking forward to a convoy of FJ's running down I-70 towards Ouray, stopping at pre-determined locations to pick up more FJ's on the way. I'm taking vacation from the 9th thru the 30th so I'm giving myself a few days to do the 1770 mile (one way) trip from PA. I figure 2-3 days to get there well rested.

·
Registered
173 Posts
it would be awesome to see a caraven of F'J's otw to ouray. I'm in, comin from NY.

Im no google map expert but anybody think there's a way to use it to coordinate everybody ?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Here you go.

I made this one for myself. (1770 miles from my front door to Ouray) When the time gets closer, we can mark one up to make a stop in every major city on the way there and try to setup a timeline for when we'll be there. Maybe one stop per state. A combined gas stop/rally point. I don't really want to drive 16 hour days. 10 hours a day is enough for me. Some may want to do more. Some less. Lots of details to work out. We'll have to start a thread for the "East Coast Caravan" as it gets closer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi guys!

Maybe someone could have predetermined rally points along the way with dates and times. That way if you wanted to hook up, you could start at the beginning or somewhere along the route. I'm leaving on the 9th and have plans in Indy for the night, but after that I'm free for the rest of the trip to Ouray.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I'm soo Glad I got to see this thread, cuz I was wondering who would be coming from Northeast.
Anyways, I'm going to the Summit from New York and I was thinking if possible we could keep track of us online with wireless internet on our laptops for people to know when the FJConvoy is going to hit their city so they could join in.

·
Registered
672 Posts
We are going out early for Moab, but would love to hook up with the west coast convey.
How early are you going for Moab?

I'm planning on being in Ouray on the 10 and hit Moab on the 11th and be back in Ouray on the 12th for the Summit.

I'd like to know what kinda plan do you have? I'd like to link up with some FJ owners to go do Moab (especially LIONS BACK).
thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
How early are you going for Moab?

I'm planning on being in Ouray on the 10 and hit Moab on the 11th and be back in Ouray on the 12th for the Summit.

I'd like to know what kinda plan do you have? I'd like to link up with some FJ owners to go do Moab (especially LIONS BACK).
thanks.
Bad news, Lions Back is closed. A developer has purchased the land to build homes.

Our plan is the leave Nashville July 6 for Moab, we check in Ouray on July 11th.

PM me, maybe we can work out something.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
So here is some more information for those who Pre-Registered for the event. Below is how many individual FJ's registered and what state they are in.

What I want to know is, do other people want to start a state by state caravan, to make not just the destination, but the journey to Ouray more fun ?

What does everyone think?

TN 2
Seth, who is the other TN person?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Bad news, Lions Back is closed. A developer has purchased the land to build homes.

Our plan is the leave Nashville July 6 for Moab, we check in Ouray on July 11th.

PM me, maybe we can work out something.
Man that just sucks... I've been dreaming of going on that Big Rock. I thought that was a state Park?
Anyways, I'll be in ouray on the 10th and if you're interested maybe we could make a trip to Moab, before the Summit begins.
We'll work out the details later on... lets get others to join us in Moab as well as Ouray.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wow...only 2 from MN, with me being one of them....with the number of FJ's I see in Mpls I guess I thought there would be more.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Wow...only 2 from MN, with me being one of them....with the number of FJ's I see in Mpls I guess I thought there would be more.
It is sad that there isn't a better commitment from FJ'ers on the East Coast.
Some states are not even listed.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts