Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay so I bought my Fj in xmas 2007 brand new (a little over 3 years old now). It has 26,7xx miles on it. Im about to go on a road trip From Reno to Vegas for vacation (1300+ miles).

The recommended transmission and other fluids said to be changed at 32,000 miles or 3 years (I believe).

I also wont have any tools down in Vegas.

So my question is do I do the maintenance "early"?

Another factor is that I drive my truck like its a sports car (clearly its not and I know this).

Is there anything else that i should do?

Royal purple everything? I think so.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Transmission is supposed to be a 100K mile fluid. You must be confusing it with the front/rear differential and transfer case, which should be done every 30K.

If you want to do the job early, it won't hurt anything. Wont hurt anything if you don't either as you'd still be under 30K miles after your trip. Its pretty easy to do all three.

I used Royal purple in everything in my FJC. I won't be in my Land Cruiser though. Just too darn expensive. Compared to Mobil 1 synthetic, i highly doubt there will be any wear difference, IMO. Just an oil change with RP and toyota filter is close to 60bucks for the FJC. My LC takes 8 quarts of oil too, haha.

The transmission flush is something to be done by the dealership. I wouldn't recommend doing this on your own even if you do all of your own work. The dealership has a special flushing machine to do this properly and it is best to use Toyota fluid for the transmission.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What about spark plugs?

I haven't been to the dealer since I bought it. for the 30K mile maintenance should I take it in? Or is everything I can do? I've done all of the maintenance so far. Im just worried that I might miss something and void the warranty.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Yes plugs.
Filter, cabin filter.
There are more things i thought you were just referring to oil changes though.

Your manual lists them all. And if you can change your own engine oil, then you have enough skill to do all of this ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts