Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I'll be installing a pioneer AVH-P4000DVD soon in order to replace the fjammer with 9 speaker system. I have an amp and sub already to replace the factory subwoofer, so I'm good to go there. That leaves me with the 8 factory speakers. I did not plan to upgrade them at this time...will the new headunit power the factory speakers OK? Is this a plug n play type of thing? Is there a special type of harness required?

OR--if absolutely necessary I can probably swing replacement speakers, but I have NO idea how to power these off the new replacement headunit.

Any help or links to other threads would be appreciated!!!

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
if you are powering stock speakers just get the "plug and play" harness, crutchfield usually includes these with the system. If you are going to replace them, your headunit has leads off of it to power your speakers.

There are two ways to do this: Use your factory harness and then cut the leads off of the stock speakers and differentiate + and - and attach to your new speakers.

or

Run all new speaker wire, you will have to either solder or splice into the leads coming off your head unit and run to your speakers.

Please correct me if I am wrong...I have never used a headunit to power speakers but I believe that is how it works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts