Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just bought and installed what i thought is a heavy OME kit, and im trying to match part numbers on the site to the part numbers on the boxes and all i can match is the springs.

spring part numbers:
2885 front (seems to be the same part number for all level of kits)
2895 rear (differs from light to med to heavy)

shock/strut part numbers:
N140S
N141
- ive noticed all the part numbers for the front coils are the same, but the rears differ

the only reason im asking is my front end seems a bit soft and bouncy, i currently have warn front and rear bumpers with a M8000 up front, and just driving around normally im getting a bit of front end drop on braking and just feels soft, kinda like my OEM shock/struts that i just replaced.

have i received the wrong kit? or is this normal?

thanks again

Brandon

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
885 are the right coils. Arb/OME do not recommend 886 unless u have a really heavy load. Rears can be 895E or 895, the 895s will give the rear a little more height than the 895E. Toytec can answer your questions.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have the arb w/out a winch and my 885's are perfect. There are plenty of people running 885's with arb and winch.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the soft/bounce feeling is normal? normally would indicate to me that the shock is not doing its job and or over stressed. dont get me wrong im not complaining, its a very nice ride, just want to make sure im not over weighting my shocks and their dampning capacity

Brandon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts