Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have four PIAA lights (I believe 510 series) on my roof in the All Terrain Pattern (ATP). They are great lights but I find myself wanting a wider, almost floodlight pattern. The ATP seems just a little too narrow for me. It doesn't look like PIAA really makes a flood light that looks like the 510 series, and I would like to stick with PIA so I could just plug them in and go. So I am wondering if any of you have experience with their flood lights. I am assuming that it is still a white light and would probably have a much wider beam. Do you think they would work OK on the roof? I have never seen any of these on so I don't know what kind of beam they have. Perhaps I could just change out the two outside lights and keep the ATP's in the center?

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Does PIAA even make 520 floods?
Those ATPs work AWESOME as driving lights at headlight level (slaved to the high beam switch). Floods are a better choice for the roof, certainly.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I believe the PIAA 510's are the 4 inch ones (I have some in the bumper) and they are great, but you're right...they are very bright and narrow. I use the 520's on the center bumper (the ION fog) and when I throw them on, it covers a very wide section of the road for me. If these are on your roof, I think you could easily adjust them to spread or like you said, maintain the two centers and replace the two outer with the ION fog. I believe they sell them at a decent price in the 510 version. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone.

So I did some reading on these lights and one thing I forgot about the fog lights is that the light is amber isn't it? Can someone confirm that?

Not sure if I want amber lights on top. I guess I could take a flood light from a different maker and wire up a PIAA plug couldn't I? Has anyone done this? I just don't want to re-wire. Is the PIAA plugs specific to them or is it just a common connector?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts