Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 07 fj and it only came with the two speakers in the front doors. Ive been look and have had no luck for the housing to put in the other 4 speakers for the back. Where can you get them or do I have to go through toyota and do the upgrade thing?????

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
You should at a minimum have a speaker on the driver's and passenger's door, two tweeters on the dash, and ceiling 'speakers' (which you probably want to rip out). There are also speaker cutouts for two rear speakers on the 'D' pillars (I don't use these. I heard they do nothing for the sound.).

There are places that sell aftermarket templates for speaker for the suicide door area as well as subwoofers or you can make your own. Read other posts on people doing upgrades.

These guys (among others) sell after market parts:
Wicked C.A.S.*::*Magic Boxes*::*Toyota . I used their Toyota - FJ Cruiser Rear PODS. Speaker Pods / Panels

I put two Kicker subs in the back over the wheel wells. CompVT Sub Boxes | KICKER

·
Registered
627 Posts
I just recently bought a 07 fj and it only came with the two speakers in the front doors. Ive been look and have had no luck for the housing to put in the other 4 speakers for the back. Where can you get them or do I have to go through toyota and do the upgrade thing?????
You might want to look at this thread: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics-electrical/122575-2011-audio-mod.html

I have not done the rear pillar speakers yet, but I have bought a pair. I will post when I get around to installing them, if they fit.

-FJ Florida-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts