Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed a set of MT tube doors, but didn't receive a set of instructions with the order, so I am hoping someone here might have some information.

I installed the jeep mirrors that came with the tube doors, but when traveling in excess of 30mph the mirror begins to vibrate badly and at any higher speeds the wind force pushes the mirror inwards towards the car. The joint that the mirror can be adjusted on/flexes on does not seem to be tight/stiff enough for much wind force.

Do the directions point out any way to adjust the mirrors stiffness? All I can find are two screws on the bottom side of the mirror and the mirror itself didn't seem to want to pop out so in hopes of not breaking it I didn't push it any farther.

Any help will be appreciated...shot MT a pm but will give them a call tomorrow if nobody else has thoughts.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
There is a bolt that can be tightened to help this out. Mine seem to loosen over time and they need to be snugged up occasionally (well, twice actually). Just look under the pivot and you will see the bolt head and give it some tension to help firm up the mirror...

·
Premium Member
17,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you refering to the ball joint that the mirrors pivot on (Enables you to adjust the pitch/roll)? I am reffering to the the part directly below the mirror/attached to the mirror itself. The area that allows the mirror to swivel or be adjusted. There are two phillips head screws below it on each mirror which I can't tighten anymore and the mirrors still vibrate and blow out of position in the wind.

Sounds like the hex head screw that you are talking about is the one that allows the arm which attaches to the mirror to rotate/lock into several positions (adjusts the mirror in the horizontal plane).

Thanks for the feedback and let me know if we are both thinking of the same screws.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts