Has anyone here been to Portsmouth Island, NC? We are planning a trip there in late September and I was looking for any advice or suggestions from people who have visited. Ive reviewed all writeups online but nothing beats feedback from people who have actually been there. I know there are zero amenities and that we need all our food, recovery gear, gas and water. What Im looking for is any random advice or suggestions.
- What would you change about your trip?
- Anything you didn't bring that you wish you did?
- How much extra gas did/would you bring?
- Is potable water available anywhere on the island (water is not available based on what Ive read but I have to ask)?
- Any unknown tricks you used to combat the green flies?
- The site mentions bathrooms ( https://www.nps.gov/calo/planyourvisit/visit-portsmouth.htm ) but I imagine these are simple bathrooms with no showers, correct?
- Is there any electricity available near the cabins (to recharge our camera gear)?