Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to put a 3" lift on my 07 fj and wanna get some black rims and at tires ...should i get 18's or stick with 17's? any tire recomendations ?

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
If you wheel, go 16's or stay with 17's. If it's just for show, I like the look of 18's....but nothing bigger...then it looks cheesy, IMO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks...i talked to a guy at my local shop top gun customs and I think he said they just did a fj and put 285\70/17 on it ...is that the tires size you would recommend...any good at tires for daily driving...i drive a hour to work each way on the highway...btw should I get the kit with billstien shocks or the cheaper...thanks love this site

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
IMO the selection of tires decreases with the increase in rim size while the price increases and as mentioned above looks cheesey. But, I'm more into dirt and mud and stuff. If you like it, then that is what matters most.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i guess i'll just get the 17x9 from tire rack ...i think 285 70 17 is the biggest i can go with a 3 inch lift right?

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
i guess i'll just get the 17x9 from tire rack ...i think 285 70 17 is the biggest i can go with a 3 inch lift right?
Not necessarily. Depending on your wheel offset, you can run a 305 (I do: 305/70/17) and up to a 315/70/17 with a 3" lift. You may have to chop the body mounts, and get aftermarket UCA's.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
think i'm gonna paint the roof titanium ...and looking for a dvd player that installs where the factory stereo goes...any recommendations

1 - 13 of 13 Posts