Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few weeks after we registered to go to the summit, and made plans to wheel Moab, we found out that we were with child. The doctor is now saying that she doesnt need to be on much more than a gravel road. I have no idea how rough these spots are that we will be going down. I know that Moab is probably out of the question. I hate to drag her to Colorado, just so she can sit at camp or the hotel the whole trip. Anybody with a little knowledge of the agenda please help.

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Okiecruiser you'll be fine hun. The roads aren't at all bad. Just stay away from Poughkeepsie and you're good. :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
A few weeks after we registered to go to the summit, and made plans to wheel Moab, we found out that we were with child. The doctor is now saying that she doesnt need to be on much more than a gravel road. I have no idea how rough these spots are that we will be going down. I know that Moab is probably out of the question. I hate to drag her to Colorado, just so she can sit at camp or the hotel the whole trip. Anybody with a little knowledge of the agenda please help.

I have no answers but I do have a "Congratulations!"

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I have no answers either , but Congratulations too !!! :rocker:
Redboat

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
First off, congrats!

Second, if you want truly dirt roads, you need to stay off more than just Poughkeepsie. I wouldn't do black bear because it gets a big bouncy on the steps at the top, and I'd probably say the same for Imogene because there are some unnavoidable bumpy spots at the top. Again, nothing bad, but they are more than dirt roads. Ophir & Alpine Loop would be my recommendations. Ophir being first because it is the easiest, if she has a problem with it, don't go on anything else.

Once again, congrats.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Engineer can have lots of rough spots as well, take your time and everything will be ok

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Definitely bring her to Ouray. She'll do just fine. Also, if the bumps brings the baby early, we will all be there to welcome the little one into the world! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses. We have Imogene,Engineer pass and blackbear all scheduled already. She is gonna hate to miss anything that may be cool because we have both been looking forward to it all year. I do tend to wheel harder than she approves of, and that is something that Ive been working on. She was filming the wheels up stunt that is on my avatar instead of riding with me.lol. But.... Will they work with me to change my trails, or do I have to live with it?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I'd get a 2nd opinion :)

My wife went 4 wheeling with me until she was 7 months pregnant (not easy wheeling either).

Maybe your Doctor is holding back important info (quints maybe :clap:)

Doc

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She still hops out to lock the hubs in my big truck, just a little slower these days!!!lol 10"lift and 38.5s are becoming a climb for her now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Congrads!!! This is only my second time to the FJ Cruiser Summit and I have not gone on Black Bear or Moab yet, so I will let other people give you advice.

Although, I would recommend having a great time now before the new little one comes into the picture because you are going to be busy!

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Definitely bring her to Ouray. She'll do just fine. Also, if the bumps brings the baby early, we will all be there to welcome the little one into the world! :bigthumb:
Ah - I've got to raise the caution flag here.

If the Doc is advising no bumps there may be a very good reason. If she does not have good placental adhesion a good bump could tare the placenta from the uterine wall and she could bleed out in minutes - litterally.

Not trying to scare anyone but you need to ask the serious questions of the Doc. Why is he advising no bumpy roads.

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
My wife was 7 month prego our first summit and she was fine with Imogene and I think that was about the roughest event trail. Black bear had a couple bumps but it was short. As long as you are a decent driver you can keep the bumps to a minimum.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, as long as she can drink vodka and smoke unfiltered cigs she wont mind too much what we do. JUST KIDDING. Really though, thanks for all the comments. I think the doc doesnt want to risk early labor. She will be around six months along and its good to hear that more people have done this with their partners. I didnt want people looking down their nose thinking we shouldnt be there. We will just take it real easy and play it by ear and have fun.

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
I have not gone on Black Bear or Moab yet
Moab is a city, not a trail in Ouray:rofl::jester:

P.S. I know what you were sayin, it just looked funny

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
I'd get a 2nd opinion :)

My wife went 4 wheeling with me until she was 7 months pregnant (not easy wheeling either).

Maybe your Doctor is holding back important info (quints maybe :clap:)

Doc
That's why I only memtion Poughkeepsie, and still she can get out and take pics if that's the case. Shoot I went wheeling when I was due, the hubby tried bumping our first out :lol: I was well over my due date and we were trying everything! A couple weeks after having the baby we went on the trail too. Rolled up some t-shirts and placed it on both sides of the baby's head and we were rolling.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts