Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Questions to ask at Ojai

4K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Trainwreck 
#1 ·
I'm envious as hell of you guys getting to got Ojai, just like I was before SEMA. Please do the rest of us FJC junkies needing information fixes a favor and get as much out of Toytota as you can this weekend. We learned some stuff from SEMA but that buzz is over so we need more! Pricing? Options? Availability? I'm sure they won't give specifics about pricing yet but I would think they would have a good handle on options now and might not be so protective on that topic. Just ask them a general question about pricing. With a "my mom needs an operation look" on your face, ask them if you're going to be able to get the well equipped 4x4 FJC that you've been dreaming about for under $30K. And after they say yes then ask them if I can get a sunroof on mine.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I guess I'll still get one w/o a sunroof. If you can get final specs and factory options out of them you will be my personal hero. But ask them about the rumors of the offroad package too. Will it be available initially, or later in '06, or ever? That might be worth waiting on.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Please ask about cup holders too. There are some guys on this forum that are very concerned about their ergonomics and how they might affect price. J/K of course. Well maybe not. I had an '94 FJ-80 that was seriously cup holder challenged and it did annoy me. Actually I'll be interested to hear what they say about finalizing the plastic interior. There were some comments from SEMA about how the interior still looked like pre-production plastic, especially the GPS bay in the driver's side dash. I haven't heard anyone else say this yet but the silver plastic accent pieces that frame the sides of the dash could be axed as far as I'm concerned. That might cut a few pennies off the price, unless maybe they fold down to reveal some groovy cup holders.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Jason,
You must go. This is history in the making. Some day you can tell your grandkids that you've passed your FJC down to how you went to Ojai in 2005 to see one before it was released into the wild.
And while you're there ask them about pricing will ya? Tell them under $30K is the magic price point.

Here's to Percy still having a smile on his face after the FJC pricing is released!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
I totally agree with edadis...about the dog in heat part. And pricing and options being set now. But whether the lucky bastages that get to go to Ojai tomorrow will find out any new information is the big question. Here's a thought: At high noon tomorrow let's all say out loud, no matter where you are, "The 4x4 FJC of my dreams will be under $30K!" Maybe they will hear us out in CA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.