Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Questions to ask at Ojai

4K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Trainwreck 
Pancho, you're killin' me man. Every single one of your posts has brought a smile to my face.

I'm with you though, they can axe the grey plastic. I have three sheets of diamond plate in the garage that are begging to be added as accent pieces to something cool.

My biggest concern is that the pricing stay low to mid $20K. If this beast is going to be above 30K, screw em.

I have no idea. They are an auto manufacturer, therefore both greedy and corrupt just like the rest of them. My hope is that they tell us what we want to know. I hope that anyone going holds their ground and expresses our disdain for paying over $28K for it. I mean utilitarian attraction aside, I'm not going to pay a ton of cash for this thing. Hell, even at high $20K I will have to work two jobs to pay for it. If I have to work all the time to pay for it, I will never get to enjoy it. So you see the dillemma. What's the point of buying an off-road toy, if I can't ever take off from work to drive it off-road.

Stand up for us at this stinking show! Demand low prices. If we all refuse to buy one until it falls within a reasonable range, then they will have no choice but to accomodate us.

marketable said:
I hope it's a good show because it's to the point to where I rush home from work so that I can go online to see if there is any new information. I'm usually disappointed that I can't get my FJ fix for the day.....but it makes the new info so much more exciting. I've even gone out and test drove the other competition to see what's out there if the FJ price is too high.
What else did you drive, out of curiousity. I might be interested in doing the same thing. At least that way, when Toyota scans our mighty fan site, they KNOW we are serious about not paying too much for this truck.

marketable said:
towing capacity was surprisingly weak on the Hummer and Jeep Rubicon. The Hummer uses the Chevy colorado engine. weak sauce. If Toyota doesn't keep the FJ down in price then I'll end up buying an Xterra used or getting a good deal on a 2006
Yeah, if they can't beat those other prices for what I want, I will spend $5K on a new crate performance engine for the Bronco, pull the body and redo the entire suspension and frame with undercoating and still be out less money on a vehicle capable of kicking the FJ's ass.

They need to consider these things when they come up with pricing. It's not like the enthusiasts don't have other options. There are a couple of companies in the country that completely rebuild old FJ40's 60's and 80's and their prices for a completely redone -- KICK BUTT -- vehicle are lower by $10K. So they need to keep this reasonable or the FJ Cruiser forum will end up becoming the "RESTORED FJ40 Forum".

You see Jason, someone really wants you to go to this thing. Cowboy up and get that package. The FJ Cruiser community is relying on you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.