Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Questions to ask at Ojai

4K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Trainwreck 
#1 ·
I'm envious as hell of you guys getting to got Ojai, just like I was before SEMA. Please do the rest of us FJC junkies needing information fixes a favor and get as much out of Toytota as you can this weekend. We learned some stuff from SEMA but that buzz is over so we need more! Pricing? Options? Availability? I'm sure they won't give specifics about pricing yet but I would think they would have a good handle on options now and might not be so protective on that topic. Just ask them a general question about pricing. With a "my mom needs an operation look" on your face, ask them if you're going to be able to get the well equipped 4x4 FJC that you've been dreaming about for under $30K. And after they say yes then ask them if I can get a sunroof on mine.

#27 ·
I'm not at all sure that Toyota knows who this truck is aimed at. And frankly, their track record isn't very good (the Echo, XA, and XB were all intended for the youth market. Yet, look who was/is buying them).

Initially, Toyota said it was again aiming at the youth market (and even considered the Scion nameplate). However, my guess is that it will have even greater appeal among those who recall and have owned earlier LCs.

So, is it a serious off-roader, or just something to be seen in (H3?). What it becomes (future incarnations), will depend a whole lot on how Toyota ultimately defines it.

I'm not a serious off-roader, yet I would like something that can go off road and perform with ease and reliability. At the same time, I do want something that is a little different (FJC is certainly that in terms of looks).

Have a great weekend.

#29 ·
30K!----WTF-----not going to pay this much!---This should be the FULLY loaded version which I expect to see for the first few months, but let's hope we see some bare bones 4x4 FJs for around 24K-----I'll add all that extra cash over the trucks life.

Does anyone know if they will offer a not electronic door/lock window option.-----I don't need all the electronic crap that just ends up breaking in five years.

Audio and a Locker is all the extras I need----------Except the option to choose TAN!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.