Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone....
so I've been looking around for an inexpensive way to carry a shovel and hi-lift on my factory rack. I happened unto a site, Expedition Exchange and discovered these little gems called quick fist clamps. (check out the link)
https://www.expeditionexchange.com/quickfist/
well I received them today and so far have mounted the 1"-2.5" set for the shovel. I used stainless hardware drilled a few 1/4" holes on the side tubes of the rack and vola, I know have a shovel mount! :bigthumb:
Pretty sweet set up for under $20 bucks! After install I mounted the shovel, grabbed hold of the shovel handle and shook the dickens out of it to see how strong it was. Well it rocked the FJ! From what I read about them they are made of transportation grade rubber, not bothered by heat or cold and are somewhat UV resist.
So if your looking for an inexpensive way to mount some stuff these little guys work very well! :bandit:
Anyone else ever use these?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yeah a few of us have used them. ;)

Try a search... it seems as if they're one of the most talked about items on the forums.

They're great little doodads.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Yep, I used them as provided by Luke at FOURTREKS HOME
He sells them so you can use them with his round ring mounts to go on the stock rack and other aftermarket racks.

Here is where I use to carry a shovel and ax with them.

I now sport a penthouse on top of my rack, so no room for them anymore.
I switched over to the Hi-Lift HandleAll shovel and ax that goes into a bag I carry behind my seat.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback and photos :rocker:
Does anyone know if they can be found in local stores? Seems like a great product that someone should carry.
Thanks again......:bandit:

·
Registered
365 Posts
some of the West Marine's carry them... online is cheaper via Ebay...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts