Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year...been a while since I've posted.

I'm looking to pull the trigger on the following wheels--can you confirm these will fit:

17" Black "Rock 8"
New Page 1
Rim Width 8"
Backspacing 3.5"
6X5.5 Bolt pattern

Now, i'm assuming these are not hub centric...is this OK?

What lugs do I need to get additionally?

Also, I was hoping to go with 315/70r17 tires...I already have the body mount chop so that should not be an issue, but are there any other problems with this size (considering the wheel specs) that I might run into? Also, the tires call for an 8.5" rim width, but these rims are only 8"...will this be a huge problem as well?

thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Do you know what the offset is? The only issue that FJ's have with after market wheels is that your front wheel studs are only 3/4" long. This is done because the factory wheels are bored to allow the factory lug nut seat further into the wheel than most all aftermarket wheels. Worse case you put in new wheel studs or run a set of spider trax wheel spacers.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know what the offset is? The only issue that FJ's have with after market wheels is that your front wheel studs are only 3/4" long. This is done because the factory wheels are bored to allow the factory lug nut seat further into the wheel than most all aftermarket wheels. Worse case you put in new wheel studs or run a set of spider trax wheel spacers.
hmm...good question. They of course don't list offset on their specs page...

I will check with the manufacturer...thank you for your response!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts