Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a MT and I would like to know more about the quick shifters. I have read some old thread about this but is there some new alternative? I remember there is the TRD quick shifter and another make. Anybody has pictures and impressions/advices? Suggestions on where to buy?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have the TRD short shifter (came on my 07 SE). I am very please with it. The throws aren't sports car short, but they are significantly shorter and more crisp than the stocker I test drove. The TRD black knob w/ red engraving is sweet. The first time I drove it, I remember thinking, "Dayum this knob is HUGE." Now, however, when i drive any other MT I feel like the knob is dinky.

My only experience is with the TRD kit and I am more than pleased/satisfied. Its a good mod.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
The price did it for me, I got the URD and like it a lot. It's so nice to not have to move anything but your wrist to shift. such a great lazy man mod. lol

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I believe that the URD QS has a shorter throw than the TRD, but you might need a weighted knob for the URD kit.:cool:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe that the URD QS has a shorter throw than the TRD, but you might need a weighted knob for the URD kit.:cool:
Anybody in northern California that has it to "feel" before I buy? Or a showroom or something. Do you all guys that have installed this quick shifter just bought it without feel it first?

bye

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I love the URD kit. It has 14% shorter throws than TRD 44% shorter vs 30%. I had problems with reverse, but it was installed improperly. Reseated the ball and now it is as easy as any other gear. Get a weighted shift knob.... TWM Performance makes the heaviest and IMO the best.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I put the URD in my dad's X-Runner at christmas and he loves it. I just put one in mine and it went from a big arm motion to a wrist flick. Reverse is a pain in mine but has gotten better in his with some use.

I went with URD due to the cheaper cost.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The short shifter is just too much fun.......wouldn't go without one EVER again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts