Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Group,

Today I picked up a new 2011 FJ and look forward to years of fun driving both on and off road. I like the smooth, quiet ride and it has plenty of power....for stock. I'm in the Phoenix area and expect to get off-road fairly often.

Right after getting the FJ home I quickly took some height measurements before going to the tire shop to have BFG All Terrain T/A 285/70/17 tires installed. There goes the mileage, but they sure look good. Within the next 2-3 weeks I hope to have Bilstein 5100's all around with Toytec coil overs in front and the Toytec 2" lift springs at the rear. The coil overs can add up to 3" in front so I'm hoping it sits fairly level when all is done.

I haven't bought any springs yet so I'm still open to suggestions.

I'll try to add some pics of the exterior and interior. This FJ has the factory roof rack, rock sliders and tow hitch. It has the common CQ Convenience Package and the UR Upgrade Package. Also had floor/cargo mats, passenger arm rest and lightly tinted windows. The 11 speaker JBL stereo sounds very nice and the back-up camera view in the rear view mirror could be useful in crowded parking lots.

The new BFG tires are 32" tall, 1.12" taller than stock, and the tread width went from 7.75" to 9.25". As would be expected, fender heights now average about .5" higher.

If anyone in the Phoenix area is interested, I'll sell all 5 original tires (only 100 miles on them) for $550. Those are Bridgestone Dueler H/T D684 in 265/70/17.

I included one pic of the FJ with stock tires for comparison. Will add a few more next post.

By the way, great forum, glad to be part of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome! Cool color!
Did you find someone that had the 5100's in stock?
I've heard they were on BO for a while.

KyFJGuy

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! Cool color!
Did you find someone that had the 5100's in stock?
I've heard they were on BO for a while.

KyFJGuy
Thank you, glad to be here. Having lived in the desert nearly all my life I'm really fond of the new color. The first photo was taken about 1 minute before the sun set so it adds sort of a golden look to it.

I've ordered the front Bilsteins but so far have not found a dealer with the rear set in stock. I was told they are back-ordered until about the 20th. I'll keep looking around for them, hate to wait 3 more weeks before lifting it a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

·
Premium Member
16,933 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
i like the new stock wheels they're coming with now. u should try posting those tires in the forsale thread section. welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome. Love the wheels!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome, I do like that color and those tires make the new rims look so much better imo.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome, I do like that color and those tires make the new rims look so much better imo.
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Here are some more photos of the interior. Besides the rear seat headrests I don't know how much more may have changed over the years. The radio head is new this year, also.

I like the new wheels, too. One thing the tire mount guy noticed, and I wonder if it has been a problem with anyone, is that the plastic center hub/lug nut cover seems to stick out more than necessary. It protrudes about 1 5/8" further than the surrounding surface, but still about 3/4" within the tire sidewall. Seems like a rock or other stiff brush could knock it off.

Time to go out and get some dirt on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Kinda makes me wish I'd waited a little while to get mine. Grats on the new rig and welcome!

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Welcome to the forum and great looking FJ you have there!!!

I absolutely love the sandstone color and the wheels! I am a bit jealous of the bluetooth (with steering wheel controls) and the VSC switch! From my perspective, the only thing I would change in a hurry are the floormats. I love the rubber all-weather mats over carpet myself.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi
I love the colour,please read my thread,colour confusion in Oz,you will see the colour of your FJ is one of the colours i am trying to decide on when they are released in Australia,after seeing the photos of yours i think Quicksand will be my final choice,i hope you can post some more pictures,they would be appreciated,especialy side on views
kind regards
snowyx5

·
Registered
671 Posts
Nice truck man.

Just FYI, Top Gun Customs, a vendor on here has the Bilsteins in stock, or at least they did last week when I ordered mine.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to the forum and great looking FJ you have there!!!

I absolutely love the sandstone color and the wheels! I am a bit jealous of the bluetooth (with steering wheel controls) and the VSC switch! From my perspective, the only thing I would change in a hurry are the floormats. I love the rubber all-weather mats over carpet myself.
MilesOfTexas,

I know what you mean about the floormats, it just rained here so I'm already tracking sand to them. I wouldn't have ordered them but they were included.

Hi
I love the colour,please read my thread,colour confusion in Oz,you will see the colour of your FJ is one of the colours i am trying to decide on when they are released in Australia,after seeing the photos of yours i think Quicksand will be my final choice,i hope you can post some more pictures,they would be appreciated,especialy side on views
kind regards
snowyx5
snowyx5,

I'm surprised Australia didn't already import FJ's as it seems to be the perfect vehicle for your country. You will love it.

Here are the additional photos you requested. It had just rained so the sky was fairly neutral. With full sun it looks a little lighter, as in the last photo, but either way is good. I think you'd be real happy with this color down there, it might stay a little cooler than some darker colors.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice truck man.

Just FYI, Top Gun Customs, a vendor on here has the Bilsteins in stock, or at least they did last week when I ordered mine.
OK_FJ,

Thanks for the heads-up. I called them but they are now out of stock. I'll need the one for up to 2" lift, so it's possible they may have had the 0" lift shock in stock. They said Shock Warehouse might have them so I gave them a call. They were out but said they believe they could have them in stock in several days. One shop told me that Bilstein did not plan to make another run of these shocks until March/April. I hope that's not true. :mecry:

AZFJTOY

1 - 20 of 28 Posts