Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
I never mentioned anything about "off-topic" discussions. I don't think I've ever even ventured in there.

This thread was about looking at build/modification pictures and off-roading pictures, and then having to see them all over again after a poster added "Looks cool" to the quote. So yes, it has absolutely everything to do with with FJ's or off-roading.

Epitome of hypocrisy? :rofl:
I'm sorry, I don't recall quoting you. :cheers:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm sorry, I don't recall quoting you. :cheers:
The very posting of this thread, having absolutely nothing to do with FJ's or off-roading, is the epitome of hypocrisy.
<snip>
I started this thread, so I am the OP. No you didn't "quote" me, but you did reference "The very posting of this thread". As the OP, I gathered this was directed towards me.

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
I started this thread, so I am the OP. No you didn't "quote" me, but you did reference "The very posting of this thread". As the OP, I gathered this was directed towards me.
You gathered wrong my friend. The reference is to the people crying about politicak threads and forum having no etiquette.

This app blows

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
:bump:

Would like to add that when you quote someone that posted multiple pictures, please edit the quote to remove some or all of those pics that aren't relevant to your reply. Been seeing lots of quotes of users posts pics lately and people quoting to say "nice job" (or whatever) and including all the previous guys pics. This makes pages unnecessarily looooooooong and finding relevant new conversation annoying.

/bi7c#ing

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts

Would like to add that when you quote someone that posted multiple pictures, please edit the quote to remove some or all of those pics that aren't relevant to your reply. Been seeing lots of quotes of users posts pics lately and people quoting to say "nice job" (or whatever) and including all the previous guys pics. This makes pages unnecessarily looooooooong and finding relevant new conversation annoying.

/bi7c#ing
Nice job, looks great :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Ehhh...isn't that exactly what the OP said here...

Ok, I'm new here and haven't been posting long. I've been lurking for awhile and trying learn all I can about modding the FJ.

One thing I've noticed here on the forums is the "looks nice" quote. A poster with put up a bunch pics of their rig showing it off wheeling or the new mods. The number of pics tend to being lengthy, which is great, the more pictures the better. BUT, someone (and it always seems to be the same posters) comes along and quotes the entire original post, then adds at the bottom, "Looks nice". Really?

If I'm on my iPhone, I'm now downloading twice the amount of pics and a 'looks nice" comment. Do members here know they can edit pics out of quotes? Or do they even care?

I can see an advantage to quoting a series of original poster pics if the thread is lengthy and the quote is refreshing the pics from many pages back. This seems to be the exception to the "looks nice" quote though.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts