Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been saving my $$$ and have enough to order the Radflo stage 2 kit from Metal Tech, now that they have the awesome 15% off discount. Free shipping also seems like this adds up to a no brainer. I will have to wait until Monday because I have some questions I'd like to ask the MT staff about spring rate on the front coils.

The FJ is a daily driver that sometimes pulls a motorcycle trailer with a racebike and associated gear...and a large dog. I figure I tow up to 2000lbs on a typical trip to the track. I think the 20% stiffer rear spring in the Radflo kit should be perfect. I don't have any plans to add a heavier front bumper for 3-4 years and a winch is not in my plans at all. I'm wondering if the 650# front coilover spring would be OK with the stock front until the day comes when I look at bumpers. An all-Pro roof rack is also on the wishlist. I do have an All-Pro aluminum bash plate installed.

FJ is my daily driver. I do not rock climb with it, but travel fire roads and washboard stuff when I take the dog for hikes. I forsee this vehicle as slowly developing into an overland system that I can explore with but remains somewhat lightweight. I would appreciate any comments or input you all might have.

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got the same Radflo set up from Metaltech 15% off sale two years ago
with the 650lb springs, I have no added weight up front other than skid
plates and a air compressor and the 650lb springs are perfect, 700lb springs
would be much to stiff with out more weight up front imo.
I really like my Radflo set up and would do it again. Good luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the "heads up" about the Metal Tech sale. Just ordered a Radflo 2.5 front/rear suspension kit. Been thinking about getting a good quality lift for awhile and decided to get myself something nice for Christmas...

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've been saving my $$$ and have enough to order the Radflo stage 2 kit from Metal Tech, now that they have the awesome 15% off discount. Free shipping also seems like this adds up to a no brainer. I will have to wait until Monday because I have some questions I'd like to ask the MT staff about spring rate on the front coils.

I did the same. I purchased the 2.5" extended travel front and rear and LR UCA. This vehicle won't be my DD as I bike to work most days. But, will be used for exploring back roads, etc. I think we are going to love this setup.clap:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just made the purchase online. Sounds like several of us are in for a great Christmas! I tried to talk to a sales rep at MT before I made the purchase, but the lady who answered the phone said they were too busy and didn't understand why I would need to talk to anyone about spring rates. Maybe she was just really busy, but it seemed a little off for a $2000 transaction. She said someone would call me back, so hopefully I can chat with a rep who can verify my choice. Everything I've read about MT and Radflo indicates great quality, so I still feel good about it.

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
56 Posts
You must have caught them at a bad time. The MT sales gent I spoke with this afternoon was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. He spent quite a bit of time answering my questions and explaining everything to make sure I got what I actually needed. Exceptional customer service.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bet he was talking with you all the times I was trying to get through! LOL. Seriously though, I'm glad you feel good about the service and your choice because it validates my purchase I think.
You must have caught them at a bad time. The MT sales gent I spoke with this afternoon was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. He spent quite a bit of time answering my questions and explaining everything to make sure I got what I actually needed. Exceptional customer service.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I run 2.5s with the 650# front springs and have a warrior bumper and winch and my rig still feels right to me. I have standard rate MT long travel rears and on the trail I carry about 250lbs in the rear. I have skids too but they are aluminum.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I received a very nice email this evening from the MT sales rep who assured me that the 650 springs would be great for my rig before and after I have an aftermarket bumper. Very excited to see how everything turns out. :rocker:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts