Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post and say how happy I am with the Radflo products and staff. I currently run Radflo 2.5" front and rear and have been very impressed with the ride on the street and off road. I have hit washboards at over 40 MPH on the dunes as well as caught some air and never have they let me down.

Next month I am going to be upgrading my rear suspension with MetalTech Upper and Lower links and long travel springs. When I do, I will be purchasing Radflo shocks as I am 100% sold on the quality and support of their product.

Thank you Radflo for making such a great product.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I'm glad your happy because I just ordered the same lift from Metal-tech last week :rocker: it is reviews like this that helped me choose Radflo.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just wanted to post and say how happy I am with the Radflo products and staff. I currently run Radflo 2.5" front and rear and have been very impressed with the ride on the street and off road. I have hit washboards at over 40 MPH on the dunes as well as caught some air and never have they let me down.

Next month I am going to be upgrading my rear suspension with MetalTech Upper and Lower links and long travel springs. When I do, I will be purchasing Radflo shocks as I am 100% sold on the quality and support of their product.

Thank you Radflo for making such a great product.
Did you order directly from radflo? also, do you know what spring rate you are running? I'm about to order this set up and not sure about spring rate,

·
Premium Member
13,482 Posts
You know how things work around here.......pics or it didn't happen.

Good to hear they are working out for you!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Hey Chris,

Are you installing the LT yourself? If so, give me call if you need a hand. I am seriously thinking about this as well and would love to check it out and give you a hand if I can.

Brandon

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you order directly from radflo? also, do you know what spring rate you are running? I'm about to order this set up and not sure about spring rate,
The current setup was ordered through MetalTech but the front was custom ordered. I spoke to Glenn at Radflo and had them use a 650lb and do some customer valving. I think they typically use 600lb or 700lb. The valving is the key. Talk to Glenn or MetalTech and the'll ensure you get the right setup for what you do with your FJ.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Chris,

Are you installing the LT yourself? If so, give me call if you need a hand. I am seriously thinking about this as well and would love to check it out and give you a hand if I can.

Brandon
March is the month man. Going to be doing the MetalTech LT rear, new 4.56 gears, likely some jounce shocks on the front, and if I can find a buyer for my old rear shocks and springs, going to be sending my fronts down to Radflo to get some "Upgrades" done. The plan is to have this all done by the annual dunes run at the end of March.

I do plan on doing this all myself so if your game, I'll gladly take the assist.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Radflo has always been the "dark horse". I really don't know why. Mine has been trouble free for over 3 years. It's even been moved to my new truck. I may have to look at the long travel.
I'm thinking about it too Don. Just want to be sure I won't lose any rear load capacity.

I think Radflo was just just a little late to the game as far as offering an FJ specific package. I wasn't even familiar with them until Overland Warehouse became a vendor on the forum . . . and now they are gone.

I do have a Radflo rear which appears to be leaking so the FJ will be up on jacks for a couple of weeks when I send them away. After a few years these things happen and they are rebuildable.

Reactions: hydro556

·
Registered
56 Posts
Loving my Radflo coilovers so far. :bigthumb:
I cant wait to get my Cement tt lifted... so how are you liking your radflos three months later? Can you give me any insight pros cons I was set on a icon lift but now I'm looking at these radflos and people have good things to say. any info would be great thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
I cant wait to get my Cement tt lifted... so how are you liking your radflos three months later? Can you give me any insight pros cons I was set on a icon lift but now I'm looking at these radflos and people have good things to say. any info would be great thanks.
I have no complaints whatsoever. No creaks or squeaks, easy to adjust, eat up all road bumps, take corners fast with no body roll, etc.

The only real difference that some might consider a negative is that you can feel the road more, if that makes any sense. You just feel more connected to the road vs. riding on a cloud. I actually prefer the connected feeling.

Updated photo attached...powder-coated the rock rings.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
drool everytime I see your rig I need to get my radlflos asap!like the powder coated rings mine are all messed up already.I was just going to palasti dip them but powder coat might be better

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Have been running Radflo's on the FJC for a while, have had on the 80 for a couple of months, and in discussions with Glenn to finalize criteria to run on both Pigs.

Don't know of any other company that would've spent the time on any of the above, that Radflo invested on mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 30 Posts