Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many are aware, I've been experiencing compatibility issues, all my doing, with King's and Icon UCAs, that has prompted a necessary reworking of the front coil over's reservoir hose assembly.

Considering geographical location, and lack of local resources, the only means of correcting is to uninstall, and send west (to another forum member) for reworking, leaving vehicle impaled for duration for lack of a comparable coil over to install.

To my point.

Glenn, at Radflo, has been aware of the issue, assuming partly due to his presence on the forum, but also due to off the forum communications, in regards to other matters, primarily my continuing education about shock construction, dampening types, and differences between the various product offerings.

In knowing that I was in a predicament without a coil over replacement, and much to my surprise, Glenn offered to send me a used, donor coil over to use while the King's are being repaired, FOR FREE.

Now I can't tout Radflo's customer service, because up to that point, I had NOT SPENT ONE DIME with his company, so not even a customer.

Due to the offer, Radflo is on the forefront of any future shock acquisitions I have, and I'm now actually looking forward to the surrogacy period to test the product itself.

For what it's worth to anyone.

Again, the forum has been an invaluable tool from every aspect, but it's situations where the assistance offers like this, astound me.

Thank you, Glenn. I can't express my gratitude for your offer enough.

Chris Delancy

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Very impressive indeed!

Nice work Radflo!

Hey my Hi-lift is in the shop... wanna send me a temp Hydra-Jac??:lol:

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very impressive indeed!

Nice work Radflo!

Hey my Hi-lift is in the shop... wanna send me a temp Hydra-Jac??:lol:

:cheers:
How I wish the Hydra-Jac could replace a Hi-Lift.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Have you seen the new one? It's made for lifted trucks- just came out- Ive got my eyes on a group buy for it... I live in hope.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in hope.:cheers:
You and me, both, OC.

If it could be verified to handle the lifting capacity required for FJ, I'll have Glenn add it to my future order.

Having only been removed from the agriculture industry (PC for "farming) by the generation before, I'm no stranger to the Hi-Lift, and though I'll always carry for excursions, a product like the Hydra would be better suited for in cab storage, daily needs.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On the jack, or the coil overs?

None, to my knowledge on jack.

I bought the coil overs from Radflo and ran, sold the same coil overs to another member here, and put Radflo's on the +2" TC I'm running now.

Still can't say enough about Glenn's customer service, before and after the sale.

Again, greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Cliff notes:

Radflo = Awesome
Yup. Just ordered my rear 2.5" shocks.
Glenn is very helpful in helping you figure out your needs for your vehicle and your use as well.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you still on the 700# springs?
Ran 700s on 2.5" coil over, OEM width. They seemed to correct body roll, considering lack of sway bar, and rode well on road and worked off road.

Ran the 700s on the 2" TC and it rode like a wagon, and wouldn't compress. Swapped to 600s, and the ride has improved dramatically, and I can utilize the air bumps, now.

Now, I can't say for sure, but the original 700s on the OEM coil overs discussed in the origins of this thread, were rebuilds and had spent some time on another vehicle, and that may have some bearing on the ride quality. I don't know that I'd recommend 700s, but possibly 650s or even 600s.

It be a conversation to be had with Glenn, no doubt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts